Curtains! Westy content...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peter_Richards

Reaction score
I did try to use the search function! I've bought some curtains for my van, most of it looks straightforward but how are people fitting the ones that close off the rear of the wardrobe?

Pattern facing out?
There doesn't seem to be any rail in there do I take the unit out and fit some? I think I've read somewhere about fixing the curtain to a board?
Either way I suppose the unit has to come out?

Not sure who it was, but a while ago (years probably) we were having this similar conversation and I came up with the board idea as well. I can remember P.M.ing whoever it was and eventually we came up between us with using a plastic foamex board that the curtain was arranged on , complete with imitation drop folds and folded over the top and bottom of the board and attaching it with glued on Velcro and stitched to the curtain. Whoever it was, wanted to be able to slide the board out every so often to take the curtain off to smack it in the washing machine . It seemed a much nicer option than just securing to and stretching over a piece of ply or hard board . Lightweight too.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, if only I could remember who ? :mrgreen:

On a Westy - the curtain is fixed to the board (ALWAYS pattern facing outwards). Most were fitted to a length of curtain rail that is fixed to the board, but I've also seen them stapled directly on or on a wire - whatever suits.
Its possible to change/fit it without unit removal, and bearing in mind you have to remove everything else in order to remove that final unit, its probably worth a try.

Peter_Richards said:
Any idea what size board I’d need?

Not sure off hand, its screwed with small self tappers to the body of van, so big enough to cover the glass and acheive that, essentially.

Latest posts