• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Custom early bay trailer

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uber cool

Reaction score
Ive been building this for a few years now, but cant see me ever getting round to complete it. So needs to go to someone who could finish and have it ready for next years show.

It is fully A framed with 150 x 50 mm box section chassis tied into the Vw beam axle. It has a braked tow hitch, but will need connecting to the handbrake cables ( have 2 of these new supplied with it) Brakes will need connecting and overhauling.

Front panel is a brand new repro panel, rear corners are early bay lower halves. I do have the upper half moon vents as well if you wanted to change these too.

Inside it has a 25mm box floor with bench seats down each side, running over the over the arches. My plan was to fit the seats hinged or removable to then have storage under the seats. the bench seats are long enough to lie down on, so having a table that drops inbetwen the 2 bench seats would mean it would convert to a large double bed.

Needs the floor lined with plywood and the exterior panels blending in and painting. Rear tailgate and engine cover open as one, to ease access to the rear.

I have all windows, front grill and US spec ( all red lenses) rear lights and front lights.

During the project i've moved it a few times by road and it tows great with a nice nose weight and easy to move by hand.

comes with new 185x60 x14 tyres

Can be towed away, but would need a trailer board as rear lights not wired up.

Offer around £1600
trailerinprimer2.jpg

trailerinprimer.jpg

101_0806.jpg

101_0569.jpg

more photos here
http://s216.photobucket.com/albums/cc75/Campervanman_album/trailer/

Latest posts