Cv boot recommendations

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobster

Reaction score
What cv boots do people recommend as they vary in price considerable. I’m needing new bolts too so was looking at the kits on JK but these also last ok to be ‘budget’ and i don’t want to go to all of the trouble of removing, regreading and refitting for them just to split after a couple of miles !

Hello
Last year i replaced mine with gsf slightly more expensive lobro ones
They've been on just under a year and haven't fallen apart unlike the previous one i fitted
Norm

norm said:
Hello
Last year i replaced mine with gsf slightly more expensive lobro ones
They've been on just under a year and haven't fallen apart unlike the previous one i fitted
Norm

What he said

I fitted FEBI boots from C&C two years ago as my previous split after a few months.
They're still in perfect condition even after thousands of miles driving.

I've got Febi boots as well, bought them online as a kit from a generic parts supplier, only cost just over £30 posted for all 4.
The Febi part number is 08303 (VW part no. 251 598 201)

If you just need CV bolts and spreaders get them from Butty's Bits.

I've bought Febi too, came with the bolts and clips for under £30 for the 4.

I needed the spreaders but not the bolts now, however I also needed the washers as there were none on ....... have you seen the price at the normal suspects ... they're really taking the p*$s at £1.50 EACH !!

Although he doesn't normally do them Simon at Butty is sending them to me at a much more realistic price ..... top fella !

Whatever you do don't go for the cheapest GSF or Heritage jobs.... I've been replacing every one of mine every 6 months. The originals lasted 40 years. Grr.

Latest posts