Daft question on seating/cushions

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mags

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My EB has foam cushions covered in Fabric (similar to how Danbury did it originally) so when converted to a bed we chuck a fitted sheet onto it and sleep on this with a regular quilt, just like a regular bed.
The downside is the cushions don't look great in comparison with the vinyl interiors I see in many buses but the thought of sleeping on a vinyl seat with a sheet over the top makes me think it would be cold when its not warm outside or there is no heating in the bus? am I wrong?

The vinyl does feel very cold for a moment if it's cold outside, but just like with a chair or any other vinyl covered object it will heat up to your body temperature really quick.
If you want to sleep on it I would advise to cover it with sheets or a blanket, because you will start to sweat actually. That having said I don't think it is too cold to sleep on, even when it's cold outside.

Vinyl is more of a problem in the summer in my opinion because you can burn your ass on it if it was in direct sunlight.

Resto-raider said:
The vinyl does feel very cold for a moment if it's cold outside, but just like with a chair or any other vinyl covered object it will heat up to your body temperature really quick.
If you want to sleep on it I would advise to cover it with sheets or a blanket, because you will start to sweat actually. That having said I don't think it is too cold to sleep on, even when it's cold outside.

Vinyl is more of a problem in the summer in my opinion because you can burn your ass on it if it was in direct sunlight.

Thanks

mike202 said:
We bought a double sleeping bag from Go Outdoors. I don't think vinyl with just a sheet would be very comfortable.

I've got one of those but we couldn't get on with it. I'm quite tall and like to dangle my feet out the end of the bed!

Latest posts