Danbury Conversion Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm always happy to oblige! :mrgreen:

502.jpg

Pic700Diningconfig.jpg

Pic686Diningconfig.jpg

Pic612Travellingconfig.jpg

Pic696Cookingconfig.jpg

Picture635.jpg

:D

mine mocked up with the interior i got off a fellow member on here.

Type20184.jpg

Type20186.jpg

need to get the woodwork redone and cusios recovered before its ready to go back in my van though

yup, that is an og table, exactly the same as mine 8)

i am missing 3 of the 4 legs though, if anyone has any?

Hi Rusty, yep, as Robb confirms, it is indeed original, infact everything in mine is original, down to the vinyl floor covering, faded seat covers and threadbare curtains! :lol:

The very early Danburys had a slightly different looking table as I recall, although I don't think I've ever seen one 'in the flesh'. :)

i always wondered,

how do the seats by the walkthrough fix when they are moved? slide or lifted and slot into different fixings?

I have the complete table for mine, with all four legs too, in case you wanna use it outside. I also have two sinks and would need to check back through mails Doug sent me to remind me which is the correct (steel or plastic)

Doug is a great help with anything Danbury and is the man to ask.

As for the seats they are on huge runners that bolt to the bottom and to the floor like drawer runners. Under the seat is an L shaped tab bolted to the floor that stops the seat running off the back, Its then a simple case of using a standard bolt latch to a hole in the floor.

I was lucky enough to see all this working when i visited Cpt Scarletts bus, which reminds me i must mail him about some pics he promised me in return for a Danbury rear badge :D

Nugsy said:
I also have two sinks and would need to check back through mails Doug sent me to remind me which is the correct (steel or plastic)

Doug is a great help with anything Danbury and is the man to ask.

Cheers Nugsy, always pleased to help! :D

To save you searching back through your mails, the plastic sink is the correct one.
That being said, I have seen a few of those steel ones. I'm not sure whether they are replacements for broken plastic ones, or whether Danbury might have had an alternative supplier of Parts, but certainly the plastic ones were the ones that were mostly fitted.

Anyone looking for parts, it's always worth having a quick look through the 'sales and wanted' section, and maybe putting up a 'wanted' post, as there are quite a few on here who seem to have 'odds and ends' from Danburys kicking around in their garages or sheds! :D

Danbury Doug said:
Well I'm always happy to oblige! :mrgreen:

502.jpg

Pic700Diningconfig.jpg

Pic686Diningconfig.jpg

Pic612Travellingconfig.jpg

Pic696Cookingconfig.jpg

Picture635.jpg

:D

awesome! can you take a close up pic of the curtains? want to try and match the fabric.

thanks 8)

Robb said:
awesome! can you take a close up pic of the curtains? want to try and match the fabric.
thanks 8)

Yes no prob! My van lives 'away' from home, but I hope to fetch it back here for a couple of days, maybe this week, so I'll take a close up then for you.
My van is missing one curtain, so I will probably need to do some matching of fabric too!

I'll keep an eye out for some table legs for you. I'm surprised no one came forth, following your previous requst in the 'sales and wants'. :)

oh brill thanks!

yer its a shame about the legs, as when the original and only owner passed away last year, some of hi family friends were left to clear the house, and they didnt realise what the 3 legs were for and binned them! :(

Oh that's a shame!

When my dad had his Danbury (way back) the table went missing one day. We did wonder whether it ended up in the other Danbury that happened to live just a few doors down from us.... ;)

Is the Danbury that you want the table legs for your own one? Have you got pics too? Always nice seeing other people's! :D

yup, they are for mine.

Heres my one owner from new 72 Danbury. Bought an serviced at the dealership in my town.

ted.jpg

Havent actually done anything since i've got it, just finishing off the resto on my bug, and i'll start checking this over, ready for Bad Camberg. Havent got an interior shot, but its all original and mint.

That's lovely! One of my fav colours too!
I'd love to see an interior shot as well, when you get a chance please! :D
Looks like yours also has the red cushions? Probably not as faded as mine! :lol:
Note the 'un faded' one in the back of my bus in the photos. That was one I picked up for three quid at Vanfest a couple of years ago.

Looking at your photo, I notice your bus has the Danbury 'wardrobe' (the wooden upright, just behind the rear seat, with its own curtain). :D

Robb said:
can you take a close up pic of the curtains? want to try and match the fabric.

thanks 8)

Here you go. Quite a plain fabric actually, so hopefully fairly easy to match up. Colour wise the shade would have been slightly deeper when new. :)

IMG_0621.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

IMG_0617.jpg

Doug

Latest posts