Danbury info???

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morrning all,
I was havein a look over this thred its nice to see other danbury owners out there.
I have a 69 Danbury that no longer has the two sliding seats :( but the rest is still all there.

I have posted some pics on the Danbury site , there are some nice vans on there.
if you fancy a line up up north this year have a look at DEVA DUBS AND RODS, I have worked for this show from day one. and Matt is happy to have a good line up. we could have an early bay line up with the different conversions?

DSC01542.jpg

hi,after reading all the info above i assume my danbury poptop is really a dormobile roof somebody as fitted to replace the original one,as mine hinges from the side with green and white and stripes?i also believe the interior as been replaced at some point in the past?any chance of anyone posting a photo of original to confirm this,it as got the danbury badge above the engine lid though, this could be the only original bit left thanks nik

Have a look at Rich Oakley's site...

http://home.btconnect.com/oakley-web/interior2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably easier to do that then post lot's of pics!

Hello Nik.:D

Below is the interior of my Danbury, which is totally original.
Pop us up a pic of your interior if you can, and it should not be too difficult to identify which conversion you have. Also, what position is the roof on yours? if the roof is well forward (ie over part of the cab), then it is likely to be a Dormobile.

Picture540-3.jpg

:Edit: Just seen Halfpintfighter's reply, but I've got this far, so I'll post it now! :D

Doug

Just an idea, but SSVC have a separate "Interiors and Conversions" section divided into Devon, Canterbury, Westfalia and "others" . Why doesn't EB do the same?

BTW - I have a 1971 Danbury rear badge in OK nick for sale. One of the mounting holes has been drilled slightly larger but would be just covered by a rivet head. Anyone want it?

No we've not yet had a Danbury line up, but we'll have to sort something, or have an EB line up of all different conversions like BJ1 says. :D

Hi all

I recently bought into the scene and have a Danbury also. Its a 72 crossover and has the badge on the back. It came with a rock n roll bed but have managed to source a 2 sliding front seats (inc runners and cooker), rear bench seat and sink unit all for £100. It has the original overhead cupboard with rails but unfortunately no hangers.

At the mo it is in full rest mode: arches, sill, corners, front panel and all out riggers/jacking points.

Would be happy to join a meet once its on the road again (hopefully this year :) )

Reg is XFC 698K if anyone knows any history on it currently red/white, was previously all dark blue, but was originally niagra blue/pastel white (underneath is all niagra blue under the underseal)

Hi Nugsy,

Well done for sourcing the original items. I do love a 'stock' Danbury. 8)
Have we seen any pics yet, of your van? I'd love to see some.
I'll keep an eye out for some hangers. They don't seem to come up very often.

Lee C we'll definitely have to arrange a Danbury rally or line up, to include LB Danburys. :D

Cool 8)

Volksworld 2010????

We might be goin to vanfest too , not sure as yet see how the funds go :roll:

Latest posts