Dash Heater lever fitting

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilc

Reaction score
Hi,
I am re-fitting the heater levers for my bay that were taken off during resto. My question is this...how do the levers attach to the control mechanism behind the dash pod? I have a set of hooked spring clips that are about half the length of the lever and some small round black plastic things that look like they fit in the cut out on the lever. The trouble is the Haynes manual talks about plastic clips like these http://www.coolairvw.co.uk/Item/Shop_by_Vehicle~Baywindow_Products~Baywindow_Interior_Products~Dashboard_Parts/211259377/T2_1967-72_Heater_Lever_Clip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Help! If anyone has any pics I would be grateful.
Thanks in advance,
Neil

You can fit them them with out the springy bits there a bigger to fit,after having mine off and fitting many times I left the clip bits off and just pushed the levers in and works just the same

Thanks but I would like to ensure they don't fall out so would like to put the slips in but cool air have these plastic thingies that mine doesn't....confused I am...

You do need the cool air bits too, on the fixed lever bit under the dash, should have holes in,you line up the levers, spacers ally bits then push through one of the plastic bits, be sure your happy with all you have done behind the dash as, you will find out, once these plastic bits are fitted it's a sod to get them off, I use a very small socket, so it sits just enough on the plastic bits, push the socket so it pulls in the little bits on the sides of the plastic bits and heh ho they relieve then enough to get a grip on them to pull out.
When you've done one it all makes sence..

Ron

Latest posts