Dash lights fubarred

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Killaybay

Reaction score
Me again,

Instrument panel removed ( see previous post) am running engine to compare brightness of led speedo light to original, when engine cuts out, all dash lights go out, engine wont restart (starter motor running a bit faster than normal), genny and oil lights dont light up when ignition on, wipers wont work. Dash lights are dead apart from hazard tell tale, indicators dont work (only hazards). All headlamps and position lamps ok and dip works.

anyone?

failing that anybody know someone in the swansea area who can fully or partially rewire.

thanks all

Have you blown any fuses or distirbued any earth points while you've been tinkering? (Sorry if that sounds too obvious but I've finished up rewiring tail light boards before now only to realise I had popped a fuse!))

gonna check that now Rich as was getting dark last night.

Thanks mate

Have you disturbed the gen/ign lamp if you are converting to LED? This one needs to stay standard - unless you are cleverer than me :idea:

It may all be coincidence that you can't restart.

Engines spin faster with loose, or no, plugs or no compression.
It may have been slow in the past but normal now!

Just thoughts. Good luck. FBI should know sources of help.

Phil.

ok update have managed to get the dash illumination an side light tell tale to work.
The hazards work but the telltales dont.
all external lights work except indicators (but hazards do)
All the lights in the "live" part of the instrument cluster do not work( genny oil and indicators)
Also the wipers still dont work, all fuses seem ok.
Can't seem to work out whats wrong any ideas?

Thanks in advance

i seem to think that the indicator telltale bulbs have to remain standard bulbs too as the resistance of the bulbs forms part of the circuit that enables the 'blinking'.

all lamps are the filament type. The issue is that there is no power to the indicators gen light oil light and wipers, and engine wont fire up even though it turns over nicely and there is plenty of fuel.

seems like theres no power to fuses 10 11 12 which would affect all of the above

Latest posts