• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Deano Dyno Soars 71 Panel Bus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannyz

Reaction score
Its time to sell my DDS Panel Bus. I bought the 1971 VW Panel Bus almost 2 years ago. It was painted white when I bought it. Its a OK paint job that still shines. Its not show paint it just looks good. I have never waxed the Panel just washed it once a week. It was lowered when I bought the Bus. Someone removered the bars from the front end and cut the stopers off. I use this Bus for all the swap meets and when its loaded with parts this tire combo worked best, because of being lowered. This panel Bus is my daily driver and I drive it 500 miles a week and just have to ad oil when needed. The engine is a stock 1600cc dual port that was running when I bought it. It has a 009 distb and 34 Pict-3 Solex Carb with a Bug Pack Exhaust. I only cleaned and resealed the engine, tune ups and replaced things when needed. The transmission is stock and works fine, nothing wrong with it no noises and doesn't pop out of any gears. I put new C/V boots and a new clutch & T/O bearing, engine compartment seal. I replaced the front brake calipers and hoses new rear wheel cylinders shoes and hoses. Power brakes work great. The Bus had replacement shocks installed before I got it. The front end has new tie rods and ends ( and just did ball joints 4-09). I didn't do anything to the front end because maybe I wanted to install a narrowed beam at some time. I had the front seats recovered with black seat covers and new horse hair pads from Wolfsburg West. Drivers seat has a factory head rest. New black seat stand mats. I have done most of thw work to make this Bus a driver. It just needs a new owner to love it.More info later here's some photos I'm asking $8500

Attachments

• MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 2,169
  • MVC-002S.JPG
    MVC-002S.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 2,169
  • MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,170
I made front door panels and a slider panel out of fiber board like 67 and earlier commerial Bus panels with chrome clips. Panels have pockets and speakers mounted. I replaced all the seals on both front doors. Vents, scrapers and uprights. All door handles are keyed alike and work. It has a nice dash with US VW dealer AM radio. Someone installed a VDO Oil Temp gauge above the ash tray thats no hooked up. All electrical works. I installed a AM/FM/CD 10 disc changer with 4 speakers. I installed a SO 44 Westfalia wide bed in the rear. Its recovered with the same material I used for curtans and has the rear cushion to match. It has a front privacy curtain to match. These stock wheels have been replaced with a new set of custom wheels, see the newest photos

Attachments

• MVC-004S.JPG
    MVC-004S.JPG
    29.9 KB · Views: 2,151
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 2,155
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,156
I had the Deano Dyno Soars logos painted by the original painter Richard McPeak. McPeak made these same logos for Dean Lowry in the late 1960s. I added used chrome bumpers front and rear. I added US fog lights. I has a chrome front grill and chrome emblem. US head lights and tail lights. All lights work. The roof rack doesn't go with the Bus and isn't for sale.

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,128
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    29.1 KB · Views: 2,134
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    22.1 KB · Views: 2,136
The lower corners on the sliding door have some rust issues, the no rust at the rocker on the Bus its just the sliding door that has the rust. I just added a photo in the Gallery for the Deano Dyno Soars Panel Bus so it near the top. Check it out and see more photos of the Bus. Interior photos front and rear. I will ad more photos and info later today. I can help with taking the Bus to the shipping company in Orange County California

Attachments

• MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 2,107
Bus has a Scat shifter. New sun visors. New out side door mirrors. Wicker under dash trays. Heres some photos of the front cab curtain and the rear bed.

I just lowered the price $2000 it needs to go to make room for my 1962 Single Cab New price is $7500

New wheels and tires for the DDS Panel Bus. New price $8500

MVC-010S-10.jpg

MVC-008S-13.jpg

MVC-009S-12.jpg

The Deano Dyno Soars Panel Bus has new ball joints on the front end. It sure drives good now. $8500

Latest posts