DeeDee...she's not happy again! Just in time for Camperjam!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeDeeTheBay

Reaction score
Does anyone else's bus decide to start playing up when you're just about to go away??

Last year before we went on holiday the fuel gauge broke and we had to fit a new exhaust (which is the biggest piece of crap EVER!!) and now on the eve on Camperjam ignition barrel is gone!
Karl took her to work this morning and when he got there he couldn't switch her off lol and then he had to pull the key out of the ignition with a pair of pliers! Luckily he's managed to get her running with a screwdriver to get home and replacement barrel is coming from Just Kampers tomorrow.

I suppose she's being good to us by breaking down before we go away, instead of on the way :lol:

Anyone else have a temperamental bus? :mrgreen:

Yep - we have had a couple of issues, however Murphy usually plays up on the way to the show or just after!

On the way to busfest 2012

On the way back from busfest 2013

Always fixable though!

DeeDeeTheBay said:
Does anyone else's bus decide to start playing up when you're just about to go away??

Anyone else have a temperamental bus? :mrgreen:

That is a bit like saying 'is the sky up' :lol: They are old buses, and temperamental is what they do best :D

We were packed and ready for a couple of days in The Peak District last weekend, doors slammed, mirrors adjusted, seat belts fastened, key turned...and nothing. The battery had died in less than a week (I found the culprit, ironically my wired-in battery charger was drawing power :oops: ) but a boost from the daily driver saw us on our way.

Happy days... :D

Latest posts