Delux beltline trim

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willi76

Reaction score
Does anyone know if the delux beltline trim for a 1972 bay is different from that of a pre '72 van? If so will it fit onto a crossover bay or are the pieces different :? I have a set outside which i've polished up but can't work out where all the pieces go :oops:

the best thing to do is to lay it out on the floor . Sum bits will be obvious like the doors etc and corners but the 4 long pieces are all different . If you kit has come off a lhd bus then you will have to flip bits to fit ,also the sliding door piece will be shorter that the others . You need to measure the 4 long pieces and then measure the 4 slab sides on your bus and hey presto etc .

Have you got the clips as there should be 4 clips on each long piece 3 on the rear corners 3 on the long frt door pieces and 2 on the short frt door pieces oh and 1 each on the stubby b post bits

Also the clips Rot like a bugger so you have to get them from FBi or Volksheaven (They get em on there inport panels and sell the panels on )

And last but not least B 4 drilling you bus body the screws are very specific in size and length and Head size so they fit the clips .I think its a 3mm drill bit you need.

but measure 5 TIMES drill once and make sure you have all the doors etc shut so when you draw your centre line round the waist of you bus all the trim lines up or it will look terrible

I have done all this once or twice :wink: :D

I hope it helps dude

Gadget

just lay off the cider before you start drilling si

dont want a shaky drilling hand and a wobbly trim :lol:

good luck mate :wink:

Lay of the Cider! Bruce you know he cant do that! :lol:

I masking taped mine to the van till I was happy, then penciled the top and botton of the trim, removed it all, measured the point between the two lines and bingo!

Also smear some Waxoyl or Ankor Wax into every drilled hole ;)

Its quite liberating drilling into really nice straight panels! :shock:

Yea i stuck one of them on with some really strong double sided tape which looks good but the second one, which was straight, looked wrong as you could see the gap where the tape was :roll: I've now measured round half of the van and marked it with a pencil and the line looks pretty level so far :shock: I will check another 20 times though before drilling out for the screws and clips which luckily came with the trim 8)

Latest posts