Delux trim question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willi76

Reaction score
Having measured 6 times and taken the plunge and drilled the holes in the beltline i fitted the delux trim which looks pretty damn cool. My problem is now i've got to the corners and can't make it fit properly :roll:
I have put the holes in at the same line of the others but the trim doesn't want to lay flat unless it's on the piss and not in the centre clip. I tried numerous times last night and eventually got it to sit straight and in line withthe other trim but this leaves a gap behind the centre of the curve which you can see down into :( To be honest the trims are pretty bendy but still won't bend to the curve as if you try to bend it in one way the end pings off the clips.
They are the C&C german ones if that helps. Any suggestions anyone please :?

Give them to me and i'll try them on my van :lol:

Soory - no help but good luck as someone on here will know 8)

There is a tricky little detail and that is that; one is a left hand side and a the other right hand. And I am not trying to be a smart arse (only this time though)

They have a different camber and don't interchange. Maybe you have got them arse about or have two of the same side.
Hope that helps.
David

same prob to me as I have the vwheritage versions. OG they are left/right shaped. thats right.
but the repros don't have the angle to lie flush with top and bottom line. they seem to be straight trimpieces just evenly curved. thats a major fault in the tooling.
I discussed this issue with Ian of vwheritage at the london volksworldshow and he made picts and everything to discuss this with the manufacturer. He said he kicks me back if something is solved.
We needed about 4 days and 3 blokes to fiddle, press and butcher them on the corners. we swore like... :evil:
after all its a shame for that pricetag...

Latest posts