DELUXE CLOCKS AND TACHOMETERS - 1st batch now on sale

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What product would you be interested in?

• I would possibly buy a clock

Votes: 36 32.1%
  • I would possibly buy a Tachometer

Votes: 91 81.3%
  • I wouldn't purchase either product

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
Gauges have arrived from the states and components are being made as we speak. Once I have everything I'll start assembling and put a for sale post up.

We could gauge numbers if you all wanted to but I don't see the point as I will be producing in small batches and it will be a case of 1st in will get one and others will have to wait for the next batch. 20 gauges will be available in approximately 2 weeks time.

I'm pretty happy with the testing. The needle responds well. I have tried various settings and adjustments on the prototype and it is running at it's best now. I may try running a diode in the circuit from the coil to see if it refines the performance a little more. I've got a little time to play around with things untill the parts arrive. However, regardless of what I do to the prototype, each bus will probably respond differently and the individual will need to set their Tach up to suit.

Put my name down for one of the first batch :)

Any chance of a picture of it illuminated at night? :)

Tofufi said:
Put my name down for one of the first batch :)

Any chance of a picture of it illuminated at night? :)

Sure thing Jim. Just waiting on the green sleeves for the bulbs. Will post some up over as soon as I can.

Sorry for the very late reply Olaf. I did consider using an original needle but it just isn't feasible. It would be impossible to find 50 or more original needles to use and it would be too expensive to re create them. Plus, if the repro needles werent exactly to the finest detail the same as the original, it would stick out like dogs balls. The current needle I use is a good match to the fuel gauge needle which kind of works. I don't want it to look too much like the speedo, that's another reason I went for x1000 instead of x100 in the readings. Most importantly, the weight of the different needle will affect the readings and put unnecessary stress on the stepper motor.

Hope that answered your question. :D

Looking good Sean. Should have all the components by the end of next week ready for assembly. :D

Prototype has been fully tested with the diode in place and the tach works great and accurate.

Buss69 said:
Impressive piece of kit. Looks absolutely stock. I don't need one but would buy at the drop of a hat if I did. :msn4: :msn4: :msn4:
Good work.

Thanks for the kind comments. Appreciate the feedback. :D

I'll have all the components by the end of this week. Should be another week after that before I can distribute. :D

these do look amazing, you have me in a dilemma though. Sell my clock and go for the tacho? hmmm. really really nice work

when you start the forsale PM me to make it sticky, i may even announce it as this is such a good looking repro.

The resourcefulness of people on this forum never ceases to amaze me.