• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Deluxe rear bumper trim WHY?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been looking for rears too but think i'll fill the holes in and go for the smooth look :cry:

Wonder how some polished flat aluminium cut to the correct length and width with some repro rubbers screwed in place from behind look :?: :?: :?:
Would have the effect of deluxe trims( from a distance) without the need for a mortgage :)

Seriously, im suprised no ones attempted to reproduce the ally deluxe bits for bays (and splits) they would make a killing.

Rear splitty bumpers fit bays, the mounts are different and the ends are different (splits are slash cut and bays are more of a point)

Deluxe trim is exactly that, so was fitted to all deluxe models regardless of destination (unless "M" code delete). Over riders were just an option mainly taken up in the US market. Not many Euro buses etc had loads of options due to cost.

i got a full front bumper with deluxe trims on ebay last week, in great condition for £46, it was incorrectly listed and no one bid on it :lol: (just thought id rub it in :p)

Seriously cant find any rears apart from volkswarehaus.de, they only sell the fronts used and the rears are new, ive emailed to see if they are in stock.

I saw that bumper Johnny, someone on here bought the rear and it turned out a bit naff.
Well done for gettin a bargain :wink:

wibbler said:
I saw that bumper Johnny, someone on here bought the rear and it turned out a bit naff.
Well done for gettin a bargain :wink:

this was a different one it wasnt listed in the volks section in ebay and had no reference to volkswagen on it, but i know the one your talking about it was some dude called bert, the front 'looked' ok but the back was heavily bashed nearside :(

I picked a set of fronts up last year £50 :lol: ...they are either NOS or New Repro :? ....how do you tell :? they have a purple/pink printed code on inside :mrgreen:

Am still temped to go splitty rear...via Creative........

or

US spec splitty rear deluxe with overriders

.....there is a bus for sale on here :?: with long rear deluxe and overriders (with cutout).....faded red one...some dealer chappie

It had also crossed my mine to buy another front bumper and splitty rear then have a set of deluxe trimmed bumpers and a set of overridered bumpers.... :oops:

i have the repro on the front and tempted to put hte creative repro on the back to match to mate there is that really nice grey westy thats slammed that has repro on both front and back looks pretty cool.

Im confused... :|

there are two different kinds of deluxe bumper trim?
this one:
707211411c.jpg

and this style from creative (obviously slightly different not slash cut) for bays:
bumper_trim.jpg

Can anyone enlighten as to which is period correct for which model or perhaps region etc? and what years they were fitted too?

the top one is the correct early bay trim i think the other one is repro for splits late one 67 euro or something!

where did you get hte pic of the early bay trim mate they look mint or like repro ones?

kempy posted the link above,

they do all 4 repros but not cheaply at £100 (121 euro) each.

http://shop.volkswarenhaus.de/product_info.php/info/p4883_Trim-rear-right-on-Bumper--07-72-T-2.html/XTCsid/4eed790a7cb6f9b7255991bf51786137

check out the front trim on Ants bus, this is more rounded and is different but correct? I have seen alot of original deluxes with this round shape trim so its obviously OG or not? thats why im confused.

mjknight71 said:
I picked a set of fronts up last year £50 :lol: ...they are either NOS or New Repro :? ....how do you tell :? they have a purple/pink printed code on inside :mrgreen:

They should be stamped with a VW roundel and have the correct part numbers. My rears were NOS and had the markings ... Ill show some pics later when I get home.

I sourced my fronts from the states and they are og vw items i prefer the round trim to the flatter more square trim.

I've been searching for months as i need the rear and like you lot the only conclusion i can come to for the rear is go split bumper and creative trim.

i have one side with rubber, i start the bids at 200 :p

need the other one if anyone has...

i bought a net curtain deluxe bumper of ebay! not happy

Clem said:
mjknight71 said:

They should be stamped with a VW roundel and have the correct part numbers. My rears were NOS and had the markings ... Ill show some pics later when I get home.

nostrim1.jpg

nostrim2.jpg

they do look at bit nice....from memory (in a box in the loft) the fronts I have do have those markings etc so maybe they are NOS :?

Latest posts