deluxe window seals ( I don't like them no more )

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ground hugger

Reaction score
Hi folks
Ive been trying to fit a window in the sliding door today :x Ive tried and tried with WD40 and tried again but it wont fit :evil: .Seal on window and trim fitted (aluminium)I can get the bottom or top in and two sides or top and bottom and one side but for, ill be f*$%ed if I can get this to fit.
It wont even fit in the window aperture ,seal seams to be too thick :evil:....I don't know the make of seal I'm fitting (bought second hand)so my question is....

How easy are the c&c deluxe rubbers to fit,will I be able to push the window into the aperture quite easily or am I going to have the same problem ,or is there a nack to fitting these :?: ....Dave

Tomorrows another day Dave. Has the mrs Dave got vasaline you can borrow? I've read quite a few posts now of people using that. Mine are C&C seals all round, they fit but I paid someone else to fit them! :shock: :D

Merlydog said:
Tomorrows another day Dave. Has the mrs Dave got vasaline you can borrow? I've read quite a few posts now of people using that. Mine are C&C seals all round, they fit but I paid someone else to fit them! :shock: :D

Hi Sarah
As you say tomorrows another day :D I'm just finding it impossible today....Ill try your suggestion cheers..Dave

Do u know what Dave I always do the same. Spend a full day trying to do something, to the point of almost tears sometimes it frustrates me so much (I'm allowed I'm
A girl :lol: ) Then I go bk the nxt day and bang straight away it's done!
Good luck tomorrow Dave.

i know how you feel dave, i've tried fitting the trims before putting the windows in and failed ( even with two helpers ). so have fitted all the glass without trims and am now leaving the trim fitting to another day or even better until i come accross someone who's an expert in this field. ;)

these videos may help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm32F6w8x9M" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGMd0CrEQig&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chris

Latest posts