Devon geeks help please!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubberdaz

Reaction score
I picked up this sad Devon interior up from Dubfreeze. Now i don't know much about Devons but i think this will come up good with a little help from my cabinet maker freind.

Anyway after getting home I layed it out to see what I have (and don't have!). I appears one unit is missing? to the right of the main bench seat. Can anyone tell me whats missing and if anything is incorrect please? Oh also the table looks to be Devon but it wont fit in the storage place under the rear locker (too big).

Cheers Daz

DevonInterior009.jpg

DevonInterior008.jpg

DevonInterior005.jpg

DevonInterior003.jpg

DevonInterior001.jpg

DevonInterior010.jpg

DevonInterior004.jpg

Its a Devon alright. Have you got the frame for the rear section of the bed (that the draws fit into) as the bed wont be very comfy without. The one i picked up a few months ago had the jump seat, a cooler type shelf unit, the bed complete with all draws etc and some spare handels etc, but no cooker, table or overhead locker.
Tell me what you got yours for and ill tell you mine.

Hi,
it looks like your missing a couple of bits, i think you should have a unit to the side of the bench seat that would have had a sink in it, also the two long drawers should fit into a cabinet that sits on top of the engine bay area and they slide out a bit to support the underneath of the bed that slides out like a big shelf and you attach legs onto the front ( i could be wrong on this though).....your best bet is to ask Johnny, i think he may be the man to speak to about Devon's

regards.................kev

clyde said:
Its a Devon alright. Have you got the frame for the rear section of the bed (that the draws fit into) as the bed wont be very comfy without. The one i picked up a few months ago had the jump seat, a cooler type shelf unit, the bed complete with all draws etc and some spare handels etc, but no cooker, table or overhead locker.
Tell me what you got yours for and ill tell you mine.

Cheers Jon, i worked out the bed thing from surfing the Gallery. Looks like i need a handle if you have one spare? Also some pics and measurments of the bits i'm missing (Bed and cooler shelf unit) would be great?
Cost me £150 and some bits from the old So23 Westy. ;)

bubba dubba said:
Hi,
it looks like your missing a couple of bits, i think you should have a unit to the side of the bench seat that would have had a sink in it, also the two long drawers should fit into a cabinet that sits on top of the engine bay area and they slide out a bit to support the underneath of the bed that slides out like a big shelf and you attach legs onto the front ( i could be wrong on this though).....your best bet is to ask Johnny, i think he may be the man to speak to about Devon's

regards.................kev

Cheers Kev, that sounds interesting about the bed and the draws....will get on to Jonny!

I paid about the same for mine and the condition was very similar. I had it for half aday before someone came and bought it.

definitely missing the sink unit, there are two kinds split level and single level. you have a moonraker interior btw. you are also missing the unit that houses those long drawers. The doors are missing off the swingout cooker as well. Going by the edging on the table it looks to be from a laterbay, the edging should be aluminium with a black center inset possibly why the size is wrong.

i can take some measurements and pictures if you need. my interior is out at the moment so it makes it fairly easy to take measurments.

have a look at this 72 devon one...

moonraker01.jpg

moonraker02.jpg

moonraker03.jpg

moonraker04.jpg

moonraker05.jpg

moonraker06.jpg

moonraker07.jpg

moonraker08.jpg

moonraker09.jpg

moonraker10.jpg

moonraker11.jpg

moonraker12.jpg

moonraker13.jpg

moonraker14.jpg

moonraker15.jpg

moonraker16.jpg

moonraker17.jpg

moonraker18.jpg

moonraker19.jpg

moonraker20.jpg

moonraker21.jpg

moonraker22.jpg

moonraker23.jpg

moonraker24.jpg

moonraker25.jpg

moonraker26.jpg

moonraker27.jpg

moonraker28.jpg

moonraker29.jpg

moonraker30.jpg

moonraker31.jpg

moonraker32.jpg

moonraker33.jpg

moonraker34.jpg

moonraker35.jpg

moonraker36.jpg

moonraker37.jpg

moonraker38.jpg

moonraker39.jpg

one of the best devons ive ever seen. A complete time warp, with original curtains and devon crockery.

Wow Johnny - that Devon is amazing. When I saw the photos I thought they were old period shots from a brochure or something. I guess the owner didnt like camping?

Much as I love to see a vehicle like this I have to admit I would never want to own something like it because it would be such a shame to use it. I discovered this many years ago when I restored an E Type to concours and sold it a few months after finishing it when I realised I had created a museum piece and couldnt bear to drive it :lol:

i cant remember who bought it on here...? i know what you mean too good to drive/camp 8) .

im clearing out my shed and taking all the devon units up to my storage at the end of the week. i can take some pics and measurements if you need.

Why thankyou Sir! Wow that is a very nice van 8) Pics and measurments would be great thanks if its not too much of a problem Johnny :D
Thanks Jon That'd be great!
I think my Cooker unit is different from the one in the above pics, it needs to be re-made anyway as its too far gone.
Can you still find the white door ply, repro?

Cheers Daz

I did come close to re-mortgaging the house when that van was up for sale, I have to admit, and even more so when a Danbury in similar condition came up a little while after! :lol:

Hey guys i have the Fan and two switches like in the pic above. Where does the fan fit to? I assume its just for keeping cool in the summer.

Daz

Hi Daz

I have had a good look for my Devon Brochures in the attic but I must have given them away when I sold my Devon.....sorry!

vwoswestry003.jpg

vwoswestry009.jpg

vwoswestry016.jpg

As usual I made a few subtle alterations. :roll:

Thanks for looking Jon, hey that old van of yours looked very tidy 8) Hope mine ends up somewhere near as nice!!

a kitchen fitter should be able to get the right formica surface or at least a very close match. Someone on here redid the whole devon interior in a shiny black veneer top and doors and it looked boss.

This link may help:
http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/devon/cover.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I was in the same boat as you, and I have the same interior - it is possible to get both the edgeing and the formica (I think). I was lucky that I managed to get all the parts I needed in the end, it took a year!

Another link:
http://www.caravan-supplies.co.uk/docs/accessories.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wow!!

That yellow van is staggeringly beautiful, and annoyingly what my rotton old shed should look like, right down to the colour :cry:

There is a devon interior on ebay at the mo, you could make one good one out of the two, then sell the bits you dont need!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170606248168&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts