• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Devon interior for sale - again!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Volkswagen Bay Window Campervan still for sale after problems on ebay.
we had lots of response before with people asking for a price - cos we are newbies we wernt sure what was fair, but some of the experts on here seem to think prices in the region of £400 would be fair. So what we are saying is make us your best offer closest to that mark!

An original devon interior from a 71 early bay.

2 x rear facing buddy seats with storage in back rest and under seat

1 x Cooking station with hob, heat shielding and storage

1 x overhead cupboard with hang down mirrors inside

1 x rear seat with underside storage, the seat backrest slides towards the front of the van and converts into a bed using the rear shelf above the engine bay. This rear shelf also has two draws that can be opened either via the tailgate or the backrest

There are two cushions for the rear seats

Please contact us for more photos as we have lots to show you exactly what we are selling or go to
http://www.vwcampervanresto.blogspot.com

Regarding pickup - please note that the campervan is in watton, norfolk. But potentially it could be picked up from Surrey (where my parents are) should this be easier for you. Basically its open to discussion so please ask!

if your interested and we can send you more pictures...
th_CIMG4600.jpg
[/url]

[/img]

thanks for everyones help and interest!

zackandnikki2007 said:
...please can someone tell us how to add pictures to this thread?!!

You need to upload your pics to PhotoBucket or similar (link at the top of this page), copy the direct URL, then click the 'Img' button and paste the link in - then click on 'Img' again - you're done!!!

Looks like a great interior - I can't belive you don't want to keep it!

How much are you asking for it???

;)

hey, thanks for that!
photos now uploaded

as this is all new for us.....we dont know how much the interior is worth - anyone got any suggestions?

all the interior is for sale, inc the curtains and table as shown in the pic

What are you going to replace it with?

As J+M says this looks like a great interior, be a shame to sell it then kick yourself later. Personally I think one of the nicest aspects of our van is the original interior, and yours looks really complete too.

It would cost you a fortune to have somebody make something for you new to the same quality as the old stuff.

Stick it in the back bedroom and reflect on what you want to do with the van, then sell it later if your sure, summers finished :( so I would have thought this is the wrong time to sell and get top dollar anyway.

WHS - that is one really clean interior for those that like the Devon You should get plenty of interest..but your gonna be a little out of season if you really want shot.

Id store it till spring...

hey guys, thanxs for your advice, we can completely see what youre saying - the interior is pretty impressive for an original and in excellant condition, especially once its had a wipe down etc. Thing is, that we are both 23, and want something abit younger and funkier! and we are hoping to create something abit 'out there' - kinda like what your seeing in some of the magazines at the mo.
this is our first project - whats a good guide price for the interior - we dont wanna ask too much and get laughed at, but then again we need the money to do what we want with our new van!
im getting quite a few people asking me how much we want for it, so your advice is much appreciated!
can you also have a look at the new thread ive made for the door panels?
thanks!

I'm still trying to pin down a full set of original panels, so if your sure you want to sell the interior and all the panels are there I would be interested in these.

Can't find the separate thread about them though?

zackandnikki2007 said:
...we dont know how much the interior is worth - anyone got any suggestions?

all the interior is for sale, inc the curtains and table as shown in the pic

Like the others have said, it would be a shame to bin a good condition original interior, as, if nothing else it will decrease the vans value. If you are really intent on selling it I would put it on e-bay as these can fetch upto around £400 in good condition, even a poor one will be about £100.

I hope this helps,

Phil

hey guys,love that interior and id die to even have the chance to own it,i had two devons when i lived in the uk and loved em both,moved to new zealand and bought a great van but with no interior and there isnt too many devons down here and the ones that are people love them too much to ditch the interior so id take the advice and maybe keep it as i once pulled mine out for something easier to use and then realised devon had it wired,so unless you want to send it to nz id try and keep hold...just my 10 cents worth..good luck with the resto though..

I can understand why you want to change the interior. We are going to do the same with our Devon. Although it's all original and that's quite cool, we want something that is newer and more functional for camping but also comfortable and cosy, at 39 I crave cosiness when I'm snuggled up in my bus in the rain having a nice cuppa. I want to go camping now.

We also want to put our mark on it and create something that is ours. We are going to try and do everything ourselves so we also have the fun (and stress!) of designing and making it all, obviously with a few cock-ups but that's part of the adventure. I can also understand why people want to keep the original interior but it's just not for me.

I agree with Phil, Ebay is probably the best place to flog them. There was some Devon interior stuff that sold for 155 the other day and it's nowhere near as in good nick as yours.
Have a look http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....m=230173634462&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=013
Do you have any bigger pics? Big pics always help on Ebay, especially when it's stuff like this.

Good luck with your project, hope to see some pics when it's looking a bit 'out there!'

H

i bought 2 complete interiors, and using both as donors. I like the devon interior alot, its stylish and is well thought out, im not mad on the newer ones as some can be a bit bland, but i love stock buses anyway.

I bought both for around 250-350 each in good condition. Mint condition you could get £400 but is would have to be perfect.

Mint would have to have all tables and legs and cooler box inner linings etc.

Hi. I'm really interested in this for my brother but I can't seem to get a response from my PM's.

Is it still for sale?

Jon

Hi guys,

Still an open offer on the door cards if you are interested in selling them. Like I said no rush, but pm me when you're free.

Hi guys,

we had lots of response before with people asking for a price - cos we are newbies we wernt sure what was fair, but some of the experts on here seem to think prices in the region of £400 would be fair. So what we are saying is make us your best offer closest to that mark!

Please see top post for all the info.

Just found the other three legs for the bed and table.

zackandnikki2007 said:
Hi guys,

Please see top post for all the info.

Just found the other three legs for the bed and table.

Good luck with your sale guys - I think you've pitched the price about right!
If it doesn't sell I'll take it off your hands in the spring... :lol: (saving already!!!)

;)

Latest posts