• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Devon Pop Top Roof Wanted

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanomavro

Reaction score
Hi all. I'm after a Devon pop top. Straight up raising turret style. If required, I'm prepared to replace the canvas. I want to fit the bellows type with windows (well, transparent sections to all sides) as offered on the camper shop web site. I'm also ready to repair the cap if in a sorry state with the delux repair kit available from JustKampers.

I think the only aspect that is important is that it isnt warped/sunken in the middle excessivly as ive read it isnt worth while attempting to fit the repair cap as it won't bond adequatly to the ally cap if its bent in anyway.

Have scoured the web and found but one on fleabay and it looks in a very sorry state. :?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated

Thanks. Deano. :)

I will have one for sale in about five weeks, when the mot runs out & we start a long term resto.... Going tin top. Needs a clean, but otherwise very good. Bellows look pretty unused.....

Sounds great mate, I ain't in no rush as the vans not gonna be ready till early next year. Got any pics..? How much ya looking for...?
Will take it off ya as soon as ready?

Deano. :D

Hey Deano, over on VZI about a year or so ago,, there was a very good resto thread on `Devon pop tops' and if you can find it, it`s well worth a look. I went for the late bay one, 77 and after, much neater in my opinion and none of that flat roof and gasket scenario. But the Devons are about the best lookers I M O :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,, :mrgreen:

Deano.. Will take some pics if I get a chance tomorrow. I've owned the van just over two years, & only put the roof up twice, just out of interest. Bellows look pretty much unused. No rips etc. Top itself could benefit from an afternoon with jiff or something, but otherwise excellent. Only downside is the muppet who owned it before painted his name on the underside.... Just makes it look tatty. Easily covered though.
No idea of value. If you can collect/courier, can call it £120 towards a welder..... :)

Not sure if they sent on pm, so trying to put them on here...
Marks are mainly dirt & a bit of green mould.... Afternoon with jiff would bring it all up nice.... :)

56833347-b211-2e09.jpg
56833347-b222-4da3.jpg
56833347-b230-d165.jpg
56833347-b240-b228.jpg
56833347-b24f-0d0d.jpg
56833347-b25f-0c30.jpg
56833347-b26d-6e4b.jpg
56833347-b27c-993c.jpg
56833347-b28b-19ec.jpg
56833347-b2a0-f2a1.jpg

Just checked the mot. Runs out on the 15th sept, so available any time after....

Latest posts