Devon swing out cooker fitting advice please

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony123

Reaction score
Hi All looking for some advice on how to fit a devon swing out cooker to the B pillar & bulkhead I know it sounds simple just a couple of nuts & bolts but I want to ask or see some pics please.

1 is the weight of the whole cooker put onto the hinge so it can swing out without scrapping the floor is the whole unit floating ?

2 the bulkhead/B pillar there is some gaps are there any spacers or washers that are needed to put in between this & the hinge I currently have nothing fixed to my bulkheads.

Hope someone can Help Thanks in advance

i have no spacers other than the bulkhead trim panel. the cooker should just touch the floor and no more and there should be a latch to secure it on the walkthrough side.

bulkhead has a piece of wood to support the cooker back

SANY0106.jpg

moonraker15.jpg

thats not going to fall off anytime soon!! ;)

looks like you got a lovely sympathetic restoration there

Hi all . I'm after the swing out hinge and piece of wood if anyone has one ?!! Bought the cooker unit and the seller forgot to tell me it wasn't included ! Also after wardrobe and overhead locker and sink unit to build my interior .

Thanks in advance

Would probably be easier to make the hinge piece of wood the hinge is called a piano hinge i think, I can get some dimensions & post on here if you want

Sorry did not see the post any earlier

Latest posts