Devon swing out cooker

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dub boy

Reaction score
Decided to fit the devon cooker I bought some time ago as the single burner I put in is pants, I have a question tho ,how do you open the slideing door ???? ,ive googled for pics and they are all close to the door but I can't see how you can open the door from the inside would be gratefull for any help

Cheers Jon, mite have to put a little thought into it ,seets a tad to wide :( but where there's a will theres a way :D don't think I will be able to fit hinge tho ,spent ages searching for it to ,well hard to find

I think there are 2 sizes of Devon cooker cupboard - 1. wider but slimmer - and 2. narrower but fatter - if you see what I mean...

ps closing the door is hugely easier if you fit the pull handle to the rear of the sliding door - - you can slide the door shut from the inside and pull the rear of the door in to close it - saves slamming the door shut and pissing off all the neighbours on the campsite when you go to the loo at 3 a.m...!!

the screw holes for this are underneath that black cover plate at the rear of the door - the handle is like the sliding door handle at the front but it has a slightly diff profile and diff mounting square hole...

cheers
Rob

robjarman said:
ps closing the door is hugely easier if you fit the pull handle to the rear of the sliding door - - you can slide the door shut from the inside and pull the rear of the door in to close it - saves slamming the door shut and pissing off all the neighbours on the campsite when you go to the loo at 3 a.m...!!

the screw holes for this are underneath that black cover plate at the rear of the door - the handle is like the sliding door handle at the front but it has a slightly diff profile and diff mounting square hole...

cheers
Rob
Mite look at this, never heard of it or seen it done but if it works :D

dub boy said:
Any one know how much the proper hinges go for :)

To be honest I suspect these are like hens teeth.

Should be easy to replicate though.

If you are at Stanford Hall, feel free to say hello and to take some measurements.

Kev

do you mean just the piano hinge component, or the whole oak wooden moulded piece that bolts to the door frame that mounts the hinge? what parts are you missing? when I have seen the hinge for sale before it's been with the cooker unit!!
cheers
Rob

The bracket is made from 2cm thick wood and measuring from the bottom upwards along the straight edge side nearest the hinged.
It's 6.5cm wide at the base
then 15cm up it's 7.8cm wide
at 30cm it's 7.5cm wide
at 45cm it's 6.5cm wide
and then across top it's 5.5cm wide

In the above two pic's you can see a block at the bottom and a chiseled out piece at the top . I think this is so it sits snug to the rear bulkhead behind the passengers seat.

There is a latch on the back opposite the hinge..

When not in use goes into this mounted in the floor just behind the passenger seat

When open in this one in the floor by the sliding door

As you look at this the bottom side edge is behind bulkhead ( not now as it is in my hallway..!! LoL )

There are no casters/rollers it's just hung a few mm off the floor.

I hope this helps..!!?? :D

Thanks for replays guys, I think I can knock up the wooden type hinge ,looking on Google some have a metal hinge unit that you pull the bolt up and let's you remove the whole cooker unit.sorry no pic but not very good at links

Latest posts