Dip stick oil level?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark6455

Reaction score
Hey dudes since putting my twin kadrons on I've noticed when I dip the oil it's right up the dip stick?
If I wipe and dip (no dirty comments please :D ) it reads as normal

Is this crankcase pressure being to high?
If so how do I remedy it.

Cheers

Mark

If it smells of fuel, the carbs are leaking fuel into the sump washing the oil from the bores. Could be the cut off valves on the carbs or the float level.

Or it could just be oil thrown up onto the dipstick when the engine's running.....

as long as it reads right when you dip it, it is ok as when the engine is running the oil is being sloshed about so it will look higher than normal until you wipe it hope that makes sense :D

sparkywig said:
If it smells of fuel, the carbs are leaking fuel into the sump washing the oil from the bores. Could be the cut off valves on the carbs or the float level.

Or it could just be oil thrown up onto the dipstick when the engine's running.....

The carbs could taint the oil, but it would be more likely that the fuel pump diaphragm hand split so the fuel was being pumped directly into the crackcase.

Always wipe the dipstick and re-dip. This applies to all dip sticks. (No innuendo intended) :lol:

Well today I had a go at tuning my kadrons and found one of the mixture screws all the way in so I set them as per low buggets site as I think it was running rich.
I've still got this oil level issue and to be honest it is now smelling if fuel
What can I do to fix it as I'm coming to the diner next Sunday and don't want any break downs
I'm gonna change the oil in work tonight
Any advice would be great thanks

Mark

If your oil smells of fuel and/or the level rises then its likely either the fuel pump diaphragm is leaking fuel past down into the case or alternativly its pressure is too high for your Kadrons (Kadrons and webers like a pressure lower then the stock 6psi - ish used on the original solex).

Latest posts