Do I Keep The Microbus?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

I've had the bus for 2 years and I love it but we've recently had a little one and we went camping this weekend and although all three of us and the dog squeezed in the bus for the night it was very cramped and no storage space made things worse!

Do i keep the bus or swap it in for a camper with bunks for the little one and storage etc?

Anyone help me out who has kids?

Cheers

D

Its down to you mate. Ive got a westy so maybe not the most room you can get in a camper (lots of furniture) but me the wife and daughter manage in that no problem. Until this year the daughter was sleeping in the cab bunk. Ive now fitted a continental roof bunk as shes 8 now and needs more room.

Like i said its up to you mate, you could always just get a big awning if your attached to the bus.
How were 3 people and a dog cramped............they were designed for 8 people werent they?

We get most of the stuff in for driving its just sleeping once i pull the bench seat out into a bed there is very little room the travel cot just fits in the remaining space at the bottom of the bed and the cab is filled with bags and luggage etc n the dog which is huge crams in the passanger foot well!

Awning might be a good idea though! I'm hoping the dog pops its cloggs soon its 12 now and it stinks but wont sleep outside n the chappie farts are a bit to much to handle in the confines of a bus for 8 hours!

How do the cab bunks work?

Ive got a microbus with an RnR bed and a cab bunk that does three of us no prob.
Theres a table if we want to eat inside and a drive away awning with an annexe if we want to accomodate more people. We do the cooking outside, there are hook up leads if we want power, a portable loo etc.
As far as storage goes you have the front footwell and under the bed/rear seat as well as the awning.
Have a look on Bluebirds site, they have a cab bunk on special offer with pics ;)

I have a Westy pop top. Manage to fit me, wifey and two kids in (2 and 4). We also have a large awning (Kyham Motordome sleeper). I personally think you need the extra room when there's kids (and women's vanity cases) involved.

As others have said though, it's your call. 8) :mrgreen:

Forgot about the womens vanity cases, you might want to add a tow bar and trailer :mrgreen:

wibbler said:
Forgot about the womens vanity cases, you might want to add a tow bar and trailer :mrgreen:[/quo

I thought about that maybe cutting a nailed bay in half n making a trailer!

ddffrost said:
wibbler said:
Forgot about the womens vanity cases, you might want to add a tow bar and trailer :mrgreen:[/quo

I thought about that maybe cutting a nailed bay in half n making a trailer!
You mean like this
DSCN4090.jpg

more on my gallery at http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11984

Think the cab bunks are a tenner cheaper on Just Kampers from memory, I have a little one on the way and plan to get him in that soon as he is old enough. I got a drive away awning for about 150 also which is great to chuck all the crap in.

I have learnt to always have a back up plan you see, for when she says sell it!

we have a Devon but my 9year old sleeps in the bed (the JK hammock is not the nest for 7 and over I have found) and we sleep in a Khyam Sleeper. Plenty of space.

Id keep it myself...

If you've got a nice bus which you like and trust,why not cusomise it to how you want it,as people have said theres loads of options to go for.A cab bunk seems logical,you could get some storage areas knocked up by a carpenter and an easy to put up awning would be useful.

I've got a danbury tin top. I use a cab bunk for the little one , bed for us , floor or (foot of the bed for 5 stone dog :shock: ) and quick pitch tent for sh*t*...(wifes gear). Picking up full roof rack up at weekend so probs buy a big trunk to keep stuff in at night and looks cool while rollin :)

Latest posts