do many of ye actually camp in yer early bays?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I lived in mine with my now wife for 10 months. Went as far East as the Black sea, West as Lisbon and South as Athens. Would go again tomorrow if I had a spare 10 months. :D We try and go for at least 2 weeks camping a year now, more if we can afford it.

Jeez nearly 20 years ago!

leon said:
I lived in mine with my now wife for 10 months. Went as far East as the Black sea, West as Lisbon and South as Athens. Would go again tomorrow if I had a spare 10 months. :D We try and go for at least 2 weeks camping a year now, more if we can afford it.

Jeez nearly 20 years ago!

Awesome absolute awesome

well i never ran into that rob lad, i did have an early front follow me for a few kms outside of toulon,honkin' and flashin', but that was a frenchie. :lol:

apart from that the only bay i saw was in the ikea carpark on lake geneva on the last day before home, a wee french lassie called sandra from a bit south of geneva. :)

DSCN3405_zps01794426.jpg

hi our wullie - sorry we missed you - shall have to let you know when we next come over to Bern to see our friends there - we went from Calais down to Troyes and got very into the WW1 areas and then into the timber frame buildings typical of that region - and then followed our noses and ended up on the Loire and the Cher - finally at Amboise - so we did not get as far S as we had intended but we had a great 12 days away!! - wet and cold to start with but it got better as we went W...

we did not see a single T2 in the whole trip - but had the usual procession of folks coming up in car parks and campsites wanting to stroke the old gal...!!

http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/robjarman1/P1010723_zpsacfc7883.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/robjarman1/P1010535_zps4b589d4e.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://i901.photobucket.com/albums/ac212/robjarman1/P1010488_zps3ac3b9f2.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

oorwullie said:
do many of ye actually camp in yer early bay?

i'm chust wondering like, cos there's not really very much gets posted in this section. ;)

Eerm - I'm not sure what else do do with it TBH :lol:

Not only do I camp as often as possible but I lived out of it for 4 months back in fall of 2012...

12186356294_b5681c90ee_z.jpg

12185929275_1777e0ee93_z.jpg

12186356424_11953b9639_z.jpg

12186548726_a7eb26d9b2_z.jpg

12186174773_13abbc3aa4_z.jpg

12186356044_8c801b6eb4_z.jpg

12185929485_d6ff76e593_z.jpg

Not very often - mine is very adaptable, being an 8 seat microbus, so camping isn't its only forte.

Last year, I took it across the Pyrenees...

DSC_3102_resize.jpg

Snowdonia in 2012 :)

DSC_0260.jpg

I do but not as often is id like.
When we go camping as a family we all kip in the trailer tent.
Only time I use it is when I go sea fishing and love it.
3 hour drive in the van 8)
A weekend of sea fishing 8)
3 hour drive home 8)

Rich

We haven't been on an extended European trip for a few years but we took the bus down to the Greek mainland in 2000 when I had a 4 month contract on an oil exploration programme near Lefkada/Corfu. This is us at the Mont Blanc tunnel (Italian side).

Nowadays it's mainly shorter trips to the Hebrides and NW Scotland which are within easy reach of Oban. The bus stays packed and ready to roll over the spring/summer so if there's a good spell of weather on the cards we just head off. This is Ardnamurchan.

And this is one of the best sites on the west coast (Fidden, Isle of Mull) - that's Iona across the bay. This is Easter weekend and we were one of three groups camping.

And lastly a cold April's day in Wester Ross with Suilven and Canisp in the background.

We've got 20days booked so far for this year

--------------------------------------
Why didn't I buy my bus years ago !?

JohnS said:
The bus stays packed and ready to roll over the spring/summer so if there's a good spell of weather on the cards we just head off.

Where is the "like" button :D

mike202 said:
68_early_bay said:
Skiingnick said:
We took our to Budapest and back. This was Slovenia.

We camped all the way over a month......it was the best. :D

8) love the pic

awesome scenery and a great pic, I'm sure there's a Bays on bridges thread somewhere, this pic deserves to go on that! :)

There's a bays in bridges thread on The Samba. If that's the one your talking about!

I plan to camp very often in my tin top once its done.

Sent from my 02_jbla668 using Tapatalk

Skiingnick said:
We took our to Budapest and back. This was Slovenia.

We camped all the way over a month......it was the best. :D

Looks like the Soca Valley … I think the wife & I walked over that bridge on our first ever holiday together :D it was raining and we got soaked :lol:

Latest posts