Do you hoard spares for your vw ?.

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poptop2

Reaction score
i am constantly amazed by the amount of spare parts i see people have hoarded in the for sale section on here and other vw forums .

i have only been back in vw ownership for four year and i have collected a few things - spare cables , wheel carriers , wheels , hub caps , old horn ,brake drums , bits of heating tube and other things i should sell really but i won't - in case i need them

why i keep all the old nuts and bolts is beyond me though -- what are you like, do you hoard or buy stuff you might need and never get round to fitting it ?.

what sort of hoarder are you

I am a terrible hoarder much to my parents displeasure as its all in a project bus in there garage :lol:

I justify it by the price parts are going for nowadays. They are all bits that i have either bought cheaply on the off chance i Will one day need it or leftovers from projects/old/broken buses.

Hoard away i say

Matt

Sent from my GT-I9100

Put it this way, I'm not quite as bad as that guy who has been on the telly recently who hasn't thrown anything away for 30 years and has to crawl through tunnels in his house, but I'm not far off it!

Having had VWs for around 12 years now, I have collected a large mass of used parts, as well as more recently quite a few NOS parts too.

As it's getting to the point that NOS stuff is virtually non existant and good used stuff is getting very expensive, I just keep stuff as I know I'll need it someday and won't be able to afford to buy it.

I bought a NOS early bay engine lid a few years back and am seriously considering never fitting it, as it is in itself a thing of beauty!! :( :D

Fortunate Son said:
I bought a NOS early bay engine lid a few years back and am seriously considering never fitting it, as it is in itself a thing of beauty!! :( :D

You need help :lol: :lol:

Yep, I'm a terrible hoarder! I've got stuff bought for projects long since sold.....

I'm currently trying to empty a garage full of stuff that I've not used in years & years - the scrapman is loving me! Don't worry no EB stuff has been binned ;)

Just this weekend I've put 28 items of random VW stuff on eBay :D

A few bits of tat :mrgreen: and a speedo trip meter front glass that i may let go at some point.

Rich

I'm not a hoarder as my garage only contains the stuff I need to finish my bay off.

Now the stuff I've filled my Dad's garage with, is another story...

I've had a number of VW's over the best part of 20yrs -just a few :lol: (think I'd had almost 30 cars by the time I was 21 :mrgreen: but am slowing down as I get older ;) )

Anyways, yes have a stupid amount of parts and would like them sold now as the problem with good parts is that you are always looking out for the next project as you know you have the bits.

You also find that you sell a car to buy another project and the new owner chips the price too much or doesn't want a parts so you get left with it and years and years on you still have it.

I still have a set of NOS hubcaps for a car I had in the Volksworld show years ago.......new owner didn't want them so was either give them away or keep then. I'd love them sold now...........

Actually I still have parts from a bug I bought in '94 or '95 :shock:

If there are any newbie hoarder wannabees then buy the parts I have in the for sale section :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Please, pretty please :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Actually, this evening I went down to my storage unit and pulled out a load of old parts then I have has for years and tomorrow on the way to work I will be weighing them in -nothing wrong with them but there comes a time; in '99 I sold out to Megabug (after 2 transit loads over the side at the tip) and swore I'd never do it again :shock: :shock: :shock:

I have.

100 lines.......

I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts
I must not hoard parts