Does any make a small bracket instead of splash pans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
need some for mine any way ,noexcuse to not make some now :shock: at least the lh side of mine is og but have a splitty bumper so dont know how acurrate it will be :roll: but it will be adjustable,need an og bus and bumper to check it against.

67panel,Are gonna deal with this then mate?

If you are then put me down for a pair please.the only thing I would insist on is the ability to use the of coach bolt on the bumper ends,for a stock look.my plan was to weld a captive nut on the bumper end of the bracket (just like on a splash pan) so that the original chrome coach bolt could still be used & keep an original look.

Cheers - Rob (Doris)

if you want to fit bumper bolt to bumper end then you have to put nut on inside cos bolt head fits in square in bumper :oops: ;) captive nut on bottom of bracket where it fits to 1/4 panel and small hole for 6mm bolt and nut at bottom.will have to wait a few days cos got stuff to do(fit mother in laws xmas door bell :msn4: )but will look asap .will be made out of sheet so only need one template just need to remember to bend one the other way :shock:

cut the mounting plates out of mine and drilled holes so at least it sits right on bumper brackets.and jacked it apart so its the right width :lol:

problem :roll: cant use mine as a template cos some po has bodged over the 1/4 panel hole ,need an og bus to make template from,any offers???

Doris said:
67panel said:
no ,cos need og bus with og bumper to measure :roll:

hmmmm! CALLING ALL OWNERS OF UNMOLESTED BUSSES!!!

think Trikky & crede999 have OG buses ;)

what do you need measuring fella ;) only too happy to help :D

b574590d.jpg

d8c7af4a.jpg

cf7734af.jpg

chris

THATS THE MONKEY,need one of those brackets to copy(sure theres one at MEB but f knows where now hes moved)so if anyone has a spare .think i am correct in saying its a cross over only part.

Hi I have a spare spilty one , looks the same to me as the ones on the bus, except there's a tab that bends the opposite way , or I could make you a paper template ? The bit that you want looks like its spot welded on :shock:

Anyhow it's here if you want it :D

Chris

All done Dave will post out tomorrow , you just flip it to do the opposite side ;)
9d277cb6.jpg

Chris

loverly ,that leaves it adjustable to allow for bumper differances(big hammer !!!!!!)espech if its had a schoeis corner repair :shock:

Any idea of price and when they would be ready? Also would the rubber seals fit with them?

Latest posts