Does any make a small bracket instead of splash pans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triothreetrio

Reaction score
At the mo I don't have splash pans but would like to stop my bumpers ends flapping and pointing down a bit
Does any one make or know where I can get bracket instead
Thanks

mine are missing to - and was thinking bout making some - anyone got any sort of template or measurements - or perhaps even a photo or 2 :D
ta

Last time I saw some for sale (splash pans), I didnt think they were overly expensive. If you're gonna buy summat, might as well be the real deal...

Mine are flappin about too!

Jim

Yeah I think Jk do the metal bit and heritage the rubber seal
But I think part of my tow bar may be in way by bumper irons
And Ive heard them called leaf trays and they collect mud and water next to the body ?
Pefer to let the air blow though

cheers guys i'll check it out. dont think ive ever bought anything from JK that was any good tho.
not sure that i really need them anyway - only really wanted to firm up the bumper a bit so i can stand on it to reach the roof rack :)

Yeah thats what I want then just a bracket x2 from a crossover sounds like a tricky thing to find plus crossovers have a different bumper if I found these would they fit ?
Thanks

There`s a couple of people on here that actually make things in batches and sell them on to the earlybay peeps. Someone is making tin ware extensions, someone is making brackets for spot lights, nudge nudge wink wink :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Can`t say who it was (Doris is one) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
There`s a couple of people on here that actually make things in batches and sell them on to the earlybay peeps. Someone is making tin ware extensions, someone is making brackets for spot lights, nudge nudge wink wink :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, Can't say who it was (Doris is one) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Would there be a demand though Oz? that's the question.I would if there was enough interest,I Could fabricate a bracket with captive nuts for the bumper bolts,have it powder coated in satin black to make it inconspicuous maybe?? would anyone want these ??

It always used to tickle me,Doris didn't have splash pans when I bought her,when she was ticking over, the ends of the rear bumpers used to wobble :mrgreen:

I'm not going to fit the full splash pan.The purpose was to stop crud from the wheels going up the rear,but I'm having mud flaps.Also as its been said they just gather crud and hold it against a vulnerable part of the bodywork - er, No thanks! I'd rather keep it clean when I clean the rest of the bus.

have to say id be interested in some of these if there was enough interest, iv had to do so much welding on my bumper i dont think id fit the full pans in now, so something like this would be brilliant, especially since i found out the other day the wind blowing my cover about is strong enough to twist the bumper and bend one end up :shock:

By the way, if I did go ahead with these little brackets, I'd make them adjustable.Many busses have been repaired through the years,I reckon no two busses rear corners are mm perfect to each other!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don`t know is the answer ??? I`d be up for a pair at the same time as well, especially as I`m gonna get a hoooooge discount for trying to make you a mill yun air :lol: Adjustable somehow ??? Would they need to be an angle iron ish shape to stop them little wobbly bits ??? The more I think about it the more I likes it :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,This time next year,,,,,,,, we`ll all be ,,,,,,,,,, :lol: ;) :lol:

I think if you may the hole where it bolt to the body a bit of a slot this would give you so ajustment and no captive nut on top so you could us the chrome head bolt with the square bit that fits in to the bumper
But anything which stop bumper looking droopy would be brillant

Has anyone used a plastic nut/bolt to fix the splash-pan to the rear corner?

The idea being that in the event of the bumper being 'snagged/caught' :oops: the nut/bolt would snap/shear rather than pull/twist the rear corner - therefore avoiding an unwanted/costly repair :)

will have a go at making some ,have a good idea,how about drill your own holes????also weld or bolt adjustment?
had some end brackets at M.E.B that didnt have splah pans on and no sign there ever was so know what to make 8)

Latest posts