Does anyone know if BMW E39 seats would fit a bay?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pinky

Reaction score
Hiya all
I have found apair of seats I like. They are from a BMW E39 5 series. The guy selling them says they are fully adjustable so the seat base measurement is from 5 - 10 inches. The guy at the garage where i'll have them fitted is saying he won't know until he physically sees them. I don't want to buy them if the answer is then no!

What other questions do I need to ask the guy selling them?

Thanks, Kerri

Hi Kerri

You need to find out how far apart the runners are and how long each runner is. If the are too close together they won't sit on the seat supports. You also need to establish the distance between the back to the front of the seat. If this is too long you won't fit between the seat and the steering wheel. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks. He says

"Runners are flat bottomed. Distance between the runner bolt fixing hole centres is 50cm wide by 45cm long. Seat base is approx 50cm wide by 34cm long. Seat height from floor including headrest at normal sort of adjustment is approx 100cm. As I said the seat has a lot of adjustment for height and length"

I haven't got my van here to measure what the normal measurements are!

I have nothing to measure off either. Maybe someone can have a measure and let you know.

From memory, stock runners are about 38cm apart. 50cm will be getting very close to the door and seat will most likely abstruct the door from closing. Best to get someone to check.

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=38145" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :roll:

Im going to tot up how many times this happens today... :anim_20:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts