Does this look right? Sliding door catch

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy_sheff

Reaction score
I've been trying to get my sliding door to shut nice, you have to slam it to get it to shut, I've had all rollers stripped down and I've greased it all, all good and smooth but still the same. Does this look right??

if yours is a '68 where you rotate the handle to pull and lock the door in place, then my experience is that with a bit of phafing about (say 2hrs!) with the different hanging points that this makes a difference to how well it works. Bentley gives a good description. yours doesn't look any different to mine...

Yes it's a 68. Ah, just this catch looks worn and wasn't sure if that flat spot was supposed to be there. I could try adjusting the front catch side, that seems to click in fine tho it's the back side of the door that doesn't shut so easy

Have you tried adjusting the rods? Mine was a pain to shut until I tightened them a bit

I haven't no, didn't think of that, does the front and rear catch need to be perfectly aligned I presume?

I think they need to be fairly close but if you can close it with a slam then adjusting the rods might just be all you need. Mine would shut occasionally on the handle but a lot of the time wouldn't pull in far enough on the handle to click in so it solved that issue

I shall have a tinker tomorrow with the rods and see if thres any improvements! :party0010:

Cheers

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/SlidingDoor.html#adjust" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah I saw that earlier, what's the Bentley manual, is it available to read online

Had a play with the catch on the body of the van, in the picture. It now closes nice and easy but when you lift the handle on the outside it doesn't feel like it's doing much. Doesn't pull the door in any more, might need to tweet the rods for that !

Latest posts