Dog Guard solution. 71 Westfalia

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggixer

Reaction score
Hi,
To keep on the right side of the law (UK) I need to secure or prevent my dog entering the cab area when travelling. He will sleep on floor in the back. I have no seatbelts in rear and will not use a crate/cage. Any ideas/suggestions for a dog guard to keep him safe in the rear living area - prevent him going forward?
Lots of T4, T5 dog guards available but not T2 Bays.
Thank you. Jim

The easiest solution is to lift the back seat and attach a dogs harness to a central point.
Then only make the lead long enough to reach the spot you are happy with, either on the seat or only the floor area.
Harnesses today are pretty good. Just a suggestion.

J & P
:D:D:D

The easiest solution is to lift the back seat and attach a dogs harness to a central point.
Then only make the lead long enough to reach the spot you are happy with, either on the seat or only the floor area.
Harnesses today are pretty good. Just a suggestion.

J & P
:D:D:D
Thanks Gas1man. I may have to go down that route. I may also look at fabricating a removable guard/gate to put just behind the front seats. Appreciate you taking time to answer. Cheers. Jim

Didnt know this is a legal requirement, my dog always travels upfront in my T5 Van. Surely no different to a car, plenty of dogs on front seats or in footwells.

There is a legal requirement for animals to be restrained in vehicles, has been for a few years now.
It’s legal to take your pet in the car with you, so long as you properly restrain them, don’t let them sit in the front seats, or let them stick their head out of the window.
From the Highway Code
"57
When in a vehicle make sure dogs or other animals are suitably restrained so they cannot distract you while you are driving or injure you, or themselves, if you stop quickly. A seat belt harness, pet carrier, dog cage or dog guard are ways of restraining animals in cars."

My parents have a sort of dog lead that plugs in to a seatbelt clip.
Feels like you could install a seatbelt receiver somewhere in the back and use that.

Looks like this kind of thing:

1649435310907.png

Latest posts