door seals

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilipala

Reaction score
hi
i have new cab, sliding and back door seals, for my 1971 camper/kombi..there werent any on it before so not sure how they fix,

any info, links or pics please please

thanks

I used rubber solution from a bicycle repair kit ... was a bit desperate at the time but it worked really well !!

there is an earlier thread on what adhesives peeps recommend for the door seals :)

wow thanks thats a awsome offer, but i live southwales

cheers anywaymate

mark

Pillpopper said:
I used rubber solution from a bicycle repair kit ... was a bit desperate at the time but it worked really well !!

there is an earlier thread on what adhesives peeps recommend for the door seals :)

so they are stuck to the steel are they mate

You have to pull the door lock pin out first,then slide the door seal over the lock then starting at the top of the door push the seal into the door groove that runs all around the door, the seal goes in square side first, you should only need to glue the seal along the bottom edge use either contact glue or silicone both are good, one word of warning use the best quality German made seals don't use the cheap grey marshmallowish seals they are complete crap

If you are doing the rear hatch put some duck tape along the top edge until the glue dries

Sorry, yes you must put masking tape on the paint work then duck tape on top of that to hold the seal in until the glue dries

Latest posts