• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Doormobile roof

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lobelowe

Reaction score
I really want to fit a Doormobile roof to my early bay and wondered if there were any out there? I have seen them new but my pockets are not that deep. I would appreciate any advice given :D thanks in advance.

I bought a second hand Dormobile roof and wished I had not bothered. It would cost more to fix than a new one. Ended up buying most parts from Dormobile and really pleased. They do 2nd hand glass.

SkutterBob said:
I bought a second hand Dormobile roof and wished I had not bothered. It would cost more to fix than a new one. Ended up buying most parts from Dormobile and really pleased. They do 2nd hand glass.

Thank you for your advice, makes perfect sense.

Cheers.

Hi I've got a dormobile its great but I do get a lot of condensation in it I'd think twice before I put a hole in my roof unless I really really had to

montypsx said:
Hi I've got a dormobile its great but I do get a lot of condensation in it I'd think twice before I put a hole in my roof unless I really really had to

Thanks for the advice on that. My van is fitted with a "hi top" fixed roof, I thought it would look better with the pop roof and also make it easier to fit in a garage. I looked at all the different roofs and the aesthetics of the Dormobile looked best in my opinion.

montypsx said:

We are not affected too much, but we do keep a vent slightly open overnight.

They do turn up in the usual places second hand from time to time. Mine needed quite a bit of resto but if your handy its pretty easy to do without having to buy all new. Think i bought the roof vent plastics, seals and main hinges and salvaged the rest. Certainly saved a good bit compared to buying it all new. Little tip all the seals are available off the roll so to speak from places other than dormobile much cheaper.

I used that super stretchy lining carpet on ghe underside of mine and get no condensation at all.

SkutterBob said:
montypsx said:

We are not affected too much, but we do keep a vent slightly open overnight.

If you use proper dorma seals around the sky lights they recon you don't to open a vent dint work for me we keep one open in warmer weather which is fine but in cooler weather nowt seems to work so I'm going to buy a thermal wrap to go round it

Latest posts