Dormi pop top help needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mginty

Reaction score
South of Bristol somewhere in Somerset....
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
Final question for tonight....
Can anyone with a Dormi take some pics of how the roof struts are attached to the van and roof? Mine are not fitted at present and need to check I've got all the bits. I think they may attach to the middle as here:
Rear view
Roof%203.jpg

rear view
Roof%202.jpg

front view:
Roof%201.jpg

Thanks!

The fit on top of the van just off centre (drivers side) with a bracket and spring. The section of loose headlining in your picture of the front of the roof opening is where I have an interior light. The fitment at the back is the same as the front, except at the front there is a button which is pressed when the roof is down, when not pressed a yellow light on the dash illuminates when the ignition is turned on.

I have pics on my phone, will put em up later if Loxy is busy...

Thats why pop tops scare the crap out of me......

look at all the holes pushed through the roof skin to hold it on :lol:

That's for the 'roof open' yellow indicator light on the dash....I had the light but I don't think I ever had that cable!!

Thanks for the pics guys - very useful and that should do for now. i'm only going to fit those arms as I don't have a canvas at the moment. I think the arms with the big spring and bracket bolt into the the two nuts you can see in my pics.

mginty said:
That's for the 'roof open' yellow indicator light on the dash....I had the light but I don't think I ever had that cable!!

no the button at the bottom of this pic is for the light dash
IMG_0781.jpg

isnt that the roof open warning light then, the bolt presses the switch when closed turning the light off :? .Frankie.

I think it was a PO extra light wire - will check on the weekend - i do know its a pretty gash bit of wiring tho ;)
Should have seen my 240v hookup, wouldnt be surprised it the whole van was live when it was connected, as that was also a PO add-on I got my mate to check out his mother-in-laws (van was originally owned by her husband) house wiring as well - as he liked to tinker with things :shock:

Loxy said:
I think it was a PO extra light wire - will check on the weekend - i do know its a pretty gash bit of wiring tho ;)
Should have seen my 240v hookup, wouldnt be surprised it the whole van was live when it was connected, as that was also a PO add-on I got my mate to check out his mother-in-laws (van was originally owned by her husband) house wiring as well - as he liked to tinker with things :shock:

That wire looks like it was for some sort of lights in the pop top, good idea i reckon..

Latest posts