Dormobile bunk renewal pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frankie

Reaction score
Here are some pics I hope will help, used bog standard camp bed from argos £9.99 now£12.99 feel free to comment or ask Q's cheers Frankie.
DSC02761.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

DSC02766.jpg

DSC02767.jpg

Thanks Frankie - really helpfull, great to see in pictures. have you had any kiddies up there yet?
Now you'll have every Dormy owner changing colour scheme to green to match the beds!! :lol:

Top work if i keep my dormy this is first on the list !! as for pwder coating the firm that did my bumpers charged £55 each so as for frame work i see it being alot cheaper than that hope this helps.

Had a quick look yes there is a slight taper to original but the green is at first glance equal to the narrower side don't know yet if it will affect sleeping position not fitted yet its only about 25to 30 mm so it should be OK i'm doing it anyway.

Great thred seeing as Dormobile charge the earth for new ones. Will be interested to see them up and see how much they sag and where.

Will be keeping an eye on this one.

The frames are riveted to the hinge part arnt they? Did you drill these out to get the frame off? How you fixing them back together?

Will be replacing the bunks on ours with some tailored stuff :fyou:

The frame is on the van roof, the hinge is attached to the poles that the hammock slides over with pop rivets so just pop rivet them back on .

good luck they'll look great can you let me know how much it costs in the end cheers Frankie.

slightly off topic ...

the bunk covers - mine have two rows of turnbuckles. i can fasten them up to the first set, what are the second set for?

Latest posts