Dormobile pop top question

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mginty

Reaction score
South of Bristol somewhere in Somerset....
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Dormobile
And another one! (yes I've finally managed to spend some time on my van after too long an absence)

I had to dismantle the pop-top struts as they got jammed and when I re-assembled I noticed this bracket with a screw hole in.
I can't recall what this was for. Does anyone know?
On my Dormi this is the rear strut if that helps.

IMG_7016.jpegIMG_7017.jpeg

It’s got a threaded bolt and locknut that sits on the toggle switch for your ‘roof up’ warning light on dash.
🌈👍

Got to be honest with you it looks like you’ve fitted the struts and springs back to front …. may just be the way I’m looking at it.

Thank you :) Well if that bracket is for the warning light then they are def back to front! Makes complete sense now you mention it.
The warning light hasn't worked for years ever since the van was resprayed and the switch got gummed up with paint however I finally got round to hitting it with a hammer to free the switch :)
I did wonder if they were back to front - I didn't reassemble it originally after all the resto work. If you've got some pics of yours I'd appreciate it. And I'll see if I can't hunt some down
Thanks again

Latest posts