Dormobile roof handle

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benyon

Reaction score
Just after some advice on fitting the Dormobile roof handle. My roof didn't have a handle fitted when I bought my van but it does have the studs in the roof. Now I have bought a handle from Dormobile I can see that the studs are larger than the holes in the handle, and the domed nuts in the fitting kit.

I don't know if the studs have ever been replaced but anyone know if they ever changed size over the years, or what size the nuts would have been as standard?

I know naff all about Dormy stuff. But I’d imagine that as a U.K. based conversion company, they may have fitted stuff using imperial measurements and threads as opposed to the VW possee using metric threads. Some of our Dormy gang were out on the weekend with us lot and I should imagine most are still licking their wounds but will eventually get to being able to converse and communicate with the rest of the universe once more in fairly short order once the sun is over the yard arm. :)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,hopefully they’ll sober up soon :cool: :rolleyes: :cool:

An update for anyone searching this thread.

I've been advised by someone with a die (or is it a tap) has found out it's a 1/4" BSF 26 thread on the stud. Appropriate acorn nuts ordered, will add a picture once fitted.

An update for anyone searching this thread.

I've been advised by someone with a die (or is it a tap) has found out it's a 1/4" BSF 26 thread on the stud. Appropriate acorn nuts ordered, will add a picture once fitted.
Great reply and all adds to the resource of the Earlybay.

Ozziedog,,,,,,, metric? Whatever next :)

local m/cycle bloke uses that size to repair stripped 6mm threads , handy to know if you damage the filter plate studs.

Latest posts