Dormy gas pipes

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bricktop

Reaction score
Could someone describe the routeing for the cooker gas pipe on the dormobile, ideally from the cooker to the rear seat. Does it go under the floor?
Thanks

Where is your gas bottle?
Some dormies had them in the cupboard behind the drivers seat, some had them in the LHS battery tray next to the engine, I think earlier ones had the engine bay version.

Mines a 72 so the gas pipe goes through a hole in the bulkhead down to the floor, across the floor(along by the heat vent) and then up into the cupboard behind the drivers seat.

Fraid I cant help with the routing of the earlier version.

On my (April) 71 it does run accross the floor - under the lino there is a piece of hardboard and the copper pipe (1/4 inch) runs under the hard board in one of the corrugations of the floor panel. I will break out the camera in the morning and stick some photos up for you.

Its a 1969 model which used to have the bottle in the engine bay, my restorer removed the complete cooker and pipes and i cant remember how they got from the cooker to the engine bay, i now want to put the bottles underneath where the cooler box is and refit the original cooker.

Photos as promised:

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02144.jpg

DSC02145.jpg

(The pipe then runs down between the 1 inch or so gap at the back of the wardrobe (kind of a "false" back) and turns 90 degrees to run under the "floor" of the wardrobe
DSC02135.jpg

(The pipe is fixed down by 3 or 4 simple u shaped clamps (self tap screwed into floor)
DSC02139.jpg

DSC02142.jpg

(The T-off is to my propex heater)
DSC02143.jpg

DSC02140.jpg

DSC02141.jpg

Hope those help, give me a shout if you want any dimensions or extra pics, FS :)

Thanks for that FS, unfortunately the floor has now been recovered with ply and the cupboards put on top! so I will have to find an alternative route :( By the way is that propex heater any good? been considering getting one.

Latest posts