Drivers wing mirror - advice needed

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Martinb

Reaction score
Doing a few jobs in advance of MOT on Wednesday, but having major hassle with drivers side wing mirror - it's loose and just doesn't seem to tighten into thread inside door. I've just tried fitting a completely new mirror, but it's the same problem... The thread just doesn't seem long enough to fit into the door. Any suggestions as to how I can secure a wing mirror, so I have one less thing to deal with on Wednesday?

Would using epoxy metal glue be any good to secure it? Or do I leave it to the guys in the garage on Wednesday? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers
Martin

Just had the very same issue, made a thinner washer out of gasket material, and wound the nut right back (I.e. exposing as much thread as poss) then screw it in. I did think afterwards it may of been easier fitting them without the mirror and arm just fit the 'T' piece first the fit the mirror.
IMO they need a few more threads to get nut further up thread or slightly longer overall thread length.
Good luck, mine turned out ok with a bit of perseverance!!

Latest posts