Dropped a bollick. red 9 twin wishbone and rim clearance

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doz

Reaction score
Guys. Major cock up on my part. Ive fitted red9 twin wishbone front sussy with discs. My rims are 14" wide 5, 5" rim width. Ive just purchased new white wall 185 80 101/102 load rating tyres. Had the rims sprayed and new stainless hub caps. Now the fek'n things dont clear the calipers. Ive got 500 quid tied up the rims so you can imagine how mildly miffed I am. Now I want to get a set of 15" rims but the et (offset) is throwing me. Am I right in thinking wide five 14's 5" wide are et35? Even though I can lower my bus I wont be doing anything radical. What et can I use on the 15" and still running say a 185/195 15" tyre with 70 profile wall? Honestly I am at the point of burning this bus.

Can the callipers not be clearanced to make them fit ?

Em that maybe asking a little to much. I'll have a push bike disc by the time I've finished :shock:

Ahh ok, I thought creation blue could run standard 14" bay wheels on his red 9, perhaps worth reading his thread, I believe him and red 9 themselves fitted the kit.

Defo look creationblue's thread up mate.

zaguveju.jpg

6yry9evu.jpg

Have to say I don't fancy attacking the calipers. Looking at the amount which will need removing it's a wee bit kore than a short back and sides.

Ok no worries, Simon from red 9 is the person who did the above ones, perhaps give him a call and send him the callipers to do it, better than loosing out on all that cash ?

I spoke to R9 today. I can't see that happening. It would save me a load of cash. If I end having to buy new rims steely 15s are 85 a pop plus tyres.

Latest posts