Dropped spindles before/after pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joval

Reaction score
Sorry, not got any - lets see 'em :wink:

Narrowed beam, and adjusted beam b/a pics too :D

Good Call!

Before:
1.jpg

and after 2" narrowed:
DSC00734.jpg

On the second picture, the louvers of the side window are closed. Right ? :lol:

Thanks Faux - exactly what I'm looking for, just bought a '71 westy and it's going down on Fuchs :D

Joval said:
Thanks Faux - exactly what I'm looking for, just bought a '71 westy and it's going down on Fuchs :D

Worth noting for you that Faux went down the king & link pin route as on splits and not bay window ball joint's.

I won't be going that low, Irish roads aren't very forgiving.

t-booo said:
On the second picture, the louvers of the side window are closed. Right ? :lol:

:lol: I have repaired the roof too now.

Joval, I have found the king and link pin dropped spindles the best way to go. It is a much smoother ride than when I just had an adjustable beam. It copes with the monster speed bumps around here too.... :shock:

Mine's a '71 so it would be a big job switching to K&L. Spindles and a notch down on the beam will, have to do.

So anyone have pics of dropped spindles on front? and nothing on back? Just curious about what it would look like.

Dropped spindles and down on adjusters front, rear standard height...........

now thats what I call rake!!!!!!!!!!

021.jpg

seff said:
Before....

001.jpg

and after....

BRM2van.jpg

Nice. I want to lower just a little. more in the front than the back and keep stock style wheels. I am not a welder and not sure what is the best/easiest/cheapest route.

475602.jpg

just buy dropped spindles and takes about 30 mins a side to fit them. you need a ball joint breaker and a jack or something to lift the trailing arm, no special tools/skillz needed.

He's got to go down! Just a bit at the front, can I just fit dropped spindles or do we have to do other bits as well? Don't want to too low to handle a muddy field just want to get rid of the air between the front tyre and the wheel arch (visualy not literally) :lol:
Advice please :D

lookingright.gif

Hallo-ha,
Hows tricks? Hope the little one is cool :D
No to the slam, scraped the number plate on the hills in Wales as was. But he has to go down though agreed.

warwick71 said:
He's got to go down! Just a bit at the front, can I just fit dropped spindles or do we have to do other bits as well? Don't want to too low to handle a muddy field just want to get rid of the air between the front tyre and the wheel arch (visualy not literally) :lol:
Advice please :D

lookingright.gif

a spline on the rear, and drop spindles will give you a mild drop

mines on adjusters at the front end but am gonna go down the dropped spindles route in the new year as well and will do it meself to save some dough ...how hard can it be???!
will give a much nicer ride too and if i wanna go lower or higher i can , everyones a winner :lol:
flynster is coolio and sends his love and stinky bums your way :D :D
coming with us to the breeze ?
be great to have a convoy again :mrgreen:

Yours is a very cool hight. We might wait for you to do your spindles then so you can give us some tips :wink:

Convoy would be tres coolio. We can't leave 'til after work Friday though, that may too late for you and Grazy, know how keen he is. Would love to if you're going that sort of time though. We do look so good together 8) :lol:

Latest posts