Dropped spindles (not welded)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the problem the trackrod stays at the top unlike the Transporterhaus ones where the trackrod fits on the bottom.

There is a pic of panic_fans bus in the stance thread running 2.5 drop spindles with stock tyres and no changes to the rear end.
Are these exchange Alex do you need the old spindles returned?

Does look like a good kit, got to save some moneys before I can drop the van but would like to see this kit on standard van B-)

Sent from my C2105 using Tapatalk now Free

First set(mine :D ) have arrived at VW Heritage , proper pics should be done today/Monday :D

IMG_48701_zpsbadebb14.jpg

IMG_4871_zps871c0e3f.jpg

Stupid question time, but i'm new to this lowering lark!!!! :msn4:

could these be used with an adjustable front beam to go even lower :?:

gman4175 said:

Yes, it's a good option as it will mean you can go a bit lower without risking ball joint damage :)

Clem said:
gman4175 said:

Yes, it's a good option as it will mean you can go a bit lower without risking ball joint damage :)

happy days, i think i'll be having a serious look at this bit of kit & then getting some adjusters fitted in the future. :D

dames said:
Are these in stock now Alex? Any pics Ben have you fitted them yet?

My situation is like trying to get the chicken,fox & grain across the river, I need the brakes to fit the spindles & I need my Ali wheels to fit the brakes & the wheels need tyres!

I have a narrowed beam to go on first & I need to purchase some spring plates too :roll:

They're on the way :D

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Dropped-Spindles-T2-68-79-6cm-Drop-All-New-AC405310_act_shop.product_pID_161683953_lang_EN_country_GB.htm?crumbStartPage=2&crumbStartRow=46" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Alex VW Heritage said:
No not in stock yet but should be very soon, You'll all be the first to now when we have them.

Are you getting the Spring plates in to go with them?

if so, what sort of price we looking at for the package?

Cheers,

Gus. :)

andyo11 said:
That's the problem the trackrod stays at the top unlike the Transporterhaus ones where the trackrod fits on the bottom.

Will be interested to see how much this affects how low you can go as I'm probably going to be making the decision in the new year as to whether to go for these or dropped spindles to couple with my adjustable beam.

Moseley said:
andyo11 said:

Will be interested to see how much this affects how low you can go as I'm probably going to be making the decision in the new year as to whether to go for these or dropped spindles to couple with my adjustable beam.

You could always drill them & fit a bump steer kit if that's what's needed to get them level again :D

gman4175 said:
Alex VW Heritage said:
No not in stock yet but should be very soon, You'll all be the first to now when we have them.

Cheers,

Hi Gus, no spring plates at present, I'm probably going to go with either Slamwerks or Creative on mine :D

BenSSP said:
gman4175 said:
Alex VW Heritage said:

Cheers,

Hi Gus, no spring plates at present, I'm probably going to go with either Slamwerks or Creative on mine :D

cheers, i'll check them out. :D

So i was excited about these until i see that you need to fit late brakes, quite a major bit of info been missing from this thread.

Latest posts