Dub storage in Norfolk, would anyone be interested?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs and classics

Reaction score
Just testing the water at the minute ;)

Im about to move into a fairly large industrial unit and it occurs to me that there will be a considerable amount of space going spare.

Whilst reading the traders adds in the back of volksworld I noticed one of them was offering dub storage and wondered if there would be any call for it round here? I know a few years ago I was looking for ages to find somewhere to store my bus!

Its just an idea at the moment as I need to look into the ins and outs of it, insurance, access, security etc, but in principle would anyone be interested if the price was right?

Or should I just fill it with a stupid amount of projects that I will never get time to do? :lol: :lol:

(which is almost certainly what will happen.. :roll: )

pe38 postcode area by the way

I don't need storage right now, but I'm still looking for a welder :p :p :p :p

:sign0006:

Excellent idea though :mrgreen:

hi,

Might be interested - if you find out more on insurance and all the other blah that goes with it, give us the 'whereabouts' and all that.

That'll be cool :-D

Hi Chicken, I will update this thread with more details as soon as I know more. The location is on the outskirts of Downham Market so not too far from you.

Cunning plan, I am going to have a very busy couple of weeks now what with moving all my stuff to the new unit, However, If you could furnish me with some details and take some close up shots of the areas that require welding, with all the paint / crap / underseal cleaned off so I can see what I would be letting myself in for, If its not too big a job I will try and fit it in for you ;)

dubs and classics said:
Cunning plan, I am going to have a very busy couple of weeks now what with moving all my stuff to the new unit, However, If you could furnish me with some details and take some close up shots of the areas that require welding, with all the paint / crap / underseal cleaned off so I can see what I would be letting myself in for, If its not too big a job I will try and fit it in for you ;)

Cheers dude! I was half joking :p But yes, I'd like to see what you think. The issue really is the chassis where the beam attaches - needs a bit of touching up, a few holes - nothing major. I have prepped the area, all wire-wheeled and clean, ready to cut and weld (I could even cut if it saves you time, but I know some welders don't like others to cut as they want it cut how they like).

Plan is, once the welding is done there, I can put the beam back on so I have a rolling chassis again to trailer the bus to someone's workshop where they have the rest of their equipment to do the rest of the welding. I just didn't want to keep taking the beam on and off. So whilst the beam is off it would be good to get to all the parts that you can't when it is back on.

I'll send you over some pictures tonight 8)

Cheers dude! I was half joking :p But yes, I'd like to see what you think. The issue really is the chassis where the beam attaches - needs a bit of touching up, a few holes - nothing major. I have prepped the area, all wire-wheeled and clean, ready to cut and weld (I could even cut if it saves you time, but I know some welders don't like others to cut as they want it cut how they like).

Plan is, once the welding is done there, I can put the beam back on so I have a rolling chassis again to trailer the bus to someone's workshop where they have the rest of their equipment to do the rest of the welding. I just didn't want to keep taking the beam on and off. So whilst the beam is off it would be good to get to all the parts that you can't when it is back on.

I'll send you over some pictures tonight 8)[/quote]

Ok cool. I see your point about not wanting to have to put the beam on and then take it off again, they arent the lightest of things to put back on are they!

Yes, us welders are fussy gits so best leave the cutting, I cant moan about it that way :lol: :lol:

You can send the pics to dubsandclassics at live dot com.

Cheers :)

Latest posts