Dyno rebuild without rmoval....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skint_golfer

Reaction score
I'm really starting to get to the end of my rope with my 68, was planning on getting the first MOT tomorrow but the swine is still fighting me :evil:

This time its decided to cough up the remains of a wasp nest from inside the dyno all over my engine bay.... and yes I had already given it a clean out and blow though with an airline so it must have been buried deep in the back of the case... at this point the engine lid dropped and I went in for dinner.

So basically is there any way for me to open up the case and access the internals to clean and rebush without removing the whole thing? I could do without pulling the engine on my own for the second time in a week :(

Cheers

Rich

The absence of abundant replies is sadly stating what you suspect; the dynamo has to be removed.
Peter Good

But to remove it you don't have to pull the engine. At least I didn't.
I loosened the strap that holds it to the stand and loosened the two screws on the side of the upright doghouse cooler and lifted the cooler house and dynamo up in the air and pulled the dynamo with the fan out towards the front.

This might work for you as well.

Latest posts