Early Bay Found in Desperate Need...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krim

Reaction score
I have found an early bay literally 2 mins walk from my house on a dead end road I've not been down before. There are 7 other cars/vans in the drive all overgrown by bushes/trees, looks like its been there many many years. Proper hoaders house, windows painted black, 8ft fence across the front. but i'm determined to get my hands on this one, I've rescued 2 from driveways before, but not for 7-8 years now..

Looks like its had a Dormobile roof aftermarket fitted as its further back than it should be, also looks like a converted panel van - side windows rubbers have perished so glass is hanging out., gutters look good

Simon.

Bigbear said:
The wheel barrow looks like a goer aswell!!

The wheel barrow could well have a better under carriage than the bay..

S.

Bigbear said:
The wheel barrow looks like a goer aswell!!

The wheel barrow could well have a better under carriage than the bay..

S.

Good luck but my money's on they won't part with it.

There's two lates on a drive near me which they appear to be using as sheds, that many people knock they now have a big sign up saying not for sale.

Fingers crossed though it looks reasonably tidy and worth saving.

Could that be a Danbury roof??
Good luck parting that from the owners!!!!!!
Or even that driveway :lol:

Skyguy said:
I reckon that's a danbury not a dormy.

You might well be right, I'm going to go have another look tomorrow, thought I could see the Dormobile opening skylight but could be wrong...

S.

Was thinking possibly a rare Canterbury Pitt?

As for the Metro, they seem to be gaining a loyal following these days! :)

Random question but was there also a big old merc camper/van on the drive too? And where was it roughly?

Looks suspiciously like the pictures my friend showed me of his dads bay, if it is he same van then they want it sold....

skint_golfer said:
Random question but was there also a big old merc camper/van on the drive too? And where was it roughly?

Looks suspiciously like the pictures my friend showed me of his dads bay, if it is he same van then they want it sold....

Hi, yes there is a big old merc outside the house, it's near the bottom end of crystal palace park. Not been in the daylight yet but will pop over this wkd. Hopefully it's the same one..

S.

Had another look today, still no one around to ask though. Now don't think its a dormobile roof - edge of the pop top defo looks different to a Dormy. Does look like there is some sort of window in the pop top too.

ahp5.jpg

S.

Any news on the van? Does they guy want £30.000 for it as it's historic and well sort after? Hopefully he knows it's shagged and will cost a mint to do up so will let it go

Looks like a hoarder , unless he is being treated via a tv documentary I bet he won't sell :(

Latest posts