• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
butty said:
That looks spot on , springs not over stretched at rest . As to cable i think cables seem to vary a bit length wise between makers , some do the length from the centre of the eyelet and some do it from complete length from end to end .
I expect it would be the same on all stock carbs .
Is your pedal going all the way down now ? and opening carb up fully ? Does your pedal have the extended lip on the top that acts as a pedal stop ?

This shows the amount of pedal i have,I'm now wondering......the two little holes below the pedal,should there be some sort of stop there!? never had one.....

without the kit,and with the old cable,the pedal extension touched the floor.

IMG_2943.jpg

IMG_2944.jpg

So if you lay pedal down on the floor then open up carb im guessing cables too short ? Pedal angle looks high aswell . I fit a short pedal rod on these i wonder if i have given you a pedal rod from a split bus kit , they are a longer shaft . If possible bung me a photo of the pedal shaft out of the bus . Its the only thing i can think of at the mo . [email protected]

Marvel said:
I definitely think this is what I need, the RHD kit. Are they ready to go?
I have the long rods with the swivel/rose joints fitted and loads of lhd mounts , but as ive said before i havent yet seen 2 rhd buses with the mount in the same place , the one on slow-lane-matts looks like a lhd swivel mount with the rod would do the trick on his . But if you can post me pictures of your under side we can go from there .

butty said:
So if you lay pedal down on the floor then open up carb im guessing cables too short ? Pedal angle looks high aswell . I fit a short pedal rod on these i wonder if i have given you a pedal rod from a split bus kit , they are a longer shaft . If possible bung me a photo of the pedal shaft out of the bus . Its the only thing i can think of at the mo . [email protected]

Ill whip the shaft off tomorrow and take a photo of it. tbh.....i dont think the angle is any different to how it was before though. as it is though,theres no stop this end,if im a bit heavy footed (which i tend to be) ill force the lever past its furthest point at the carb......

Cheers for the reply anyways,as it may not be anything to do with the kit,more something i might have done wrong,or infact the cable is wrong.....

Just got one of the shafts i use out and it looks the same as yours , had me worried there ....
Nobody else has reported issues with pedal , so as you say it could be a cable issue , somebody else had issues getting the correct length cable before but not sure what outcome was , not sure if lhd and rhd are different lengths . Be good to find the cause keep us updated please .

MrAndyP said:
Turns out i am missing the pedal stop for a start.....

I don't have a pedal stop and mine goes to the floor for fully opened. are you running a solex and alternator? if so are you sure its fully opened and not just caught on the alternator casing? I had to file a chunk off mine

butty said:
I think you will find they all are lol .

Ive found this after looking at various pictures of peoples cab floors. and the fact im struggling to find one for sale in the UK. :lol:

67westy said:
MrAndyP said:
Turns out i am missing the pedal stop for a start.....

I don't have a pedal stop and mine goes to the floor for fully opened. are you running a solex and alternator? if so are you sure its fully opened and not just caught on the alternator casing? I had to file a chunk off mine

Yes and Yes.......ill check on this tomorrow,before i changed the cable and fitted the kit though,my pedal went to the floor.

MrAndyP said:
butty said:
I think you will find they all are lol .

Ive found this after looking at various pictures of peoples cab floors. and the fact im struggling to find one for sale in the UK. :lol:
Maybe i should make them aswell , but then all the pushrods would be too short .arrrrrrhhhhh .... :roll:

butty said:
Marvel said:
I have the long rods with the swivel/rose joints fitted and loads of lhd mounts , but as ive said before i havent yet seen 2 rhd buses with the mount in the same place , the one on slow-lane-matts looks like a lhd swivel mount with the rod would do the trick on his . But if you can post me pictures of your under side we can go from there .

You have PM and piccys

Hey, I'd like one of your kits for my LHD '68 single cab please. Is the paypal the @live address? Do you need any more details?

Slammed said:
Hey, I'd like one of your kits for my LHD '68 single cab please. Is the paypal the @live address? Do you need any more details?
Easier here http://www.buttysbits.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Marvel said:
butty said:
Marvel said:

You have PM and piccys
Looked at piccys and i think a flat mount wouldnt work , leave it with me i will see if i can sort something out ...........

butty said:
Looked at piccys and i think a flat mount wouldnt work , leave it with me i will see if i can sort something out ...........

You're a star, cheers! :party0049:

Latest posts