• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Early Bay LHD Throttle kits ....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

butty

Reaction score
Early bay left hand drive throttle kits . now ready to post .
Very simple to fit only 1 small mod required (small hole needed to mount the return spring), remove the old and bolt on .
No more double springs on carbs .
Kit comes in 2 setups .
Kit on its own £35
Kit with rubber floor gaitor £40
Postage is £3.50 1st class recorded UK
Postage for europe £4

If once fitted you dont like it just remove and send back for a full refund ....
Makes pedal action very smooth as no slack in the moving parts , behind the mounting bolt is a small sealed roller bearing .

Below is complete kit £40
baykit_zps8bd3873d.jpg

Below is a video of my splt bus kit in action .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqdLlou7yXE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I dont have a decent video of the bay setup , but once you guys get them feel free to bung one up .
Cheers Simon .

Hiya,

My throttle pedal linkage is the only weak link. I don't think I need a throttle return spring as I have a JKM bell crank linkage (roller bearing) with a man sized spring :mrgreen:

So this is basically a bolt on jobie no other work required?

Paypal?

Des

Butty I'll definitely have one of these after Christmas, those who have one is there any pictures of it fitted for nuggets like me please? :mrgreen:

Dont have any nice pretty pictures of it in place , but this gives you an idea .. This is one fitted on my mates bus , new ones are plated in zinc .
baykit1_zpscb26092e.jpg

butty said:
Dont have any nice pretty pictures of it in place , but this gives you an idea .. This is one fitted on my mates bus , new ones are plated in zinc .
baykit1_zpscb26092e.jpg

That's perfect butty thank you! I'll be in touch after Christmas :D

Hi butty

i've been asking you about these for ages over on the ssvc forum but assume you must have the springs available now - so i've just paypal'd you the money for a full kit :)

thanks
charlie

Are these a limited run or anything as i am skint at the moment what with christmas etc
Will it be ok to order one in January?
Ta
Ash

55ovalcharlie said:
Hi butty

i've been asking you about these for ages over on the ssvc forum but assume you must have the springs available now - so i've just paypal'd you the money for a full kit :)

thanks
charlie
No problem , hope you like the kit , sorry about the delay , but im in the hands of the parts suppliers , and the springs are not a stock item .

a_s_h said:
Are these a limited run or anything as i am skint at the moment what with christmas etc
Will it be ok to order one in January?
Ta
Ash
I have 100 kits so january is fine .

I will definitely order mine after Christmas! Well done that man!

Feedback from others in the meantime much appreciated!

--------------------------------
Own a Bay?......Feel the love!

BEING DUMB NOW BUT WHAT AND WHERE IS IT FOR?? :oops: DO YOU TAKE WHOLE THROTTLE PEDAL APART??
LAYMANS TERMS PLEASE :roll: :lol: :oops:

SHARKY.

Anyone who payed yesterday , kits posted today so with you soon .
Any feedback gladly recieved , i have fitted 5 busses with them no issues .
Steps to fit the kit (its the way i have done it , dosent mean its the best but works for me .)
Remove old kit .
Check throttle pedal hinge for excessive wear and lubricate (with old kit removed it allows pedal to flop backwards further than normal.)
Throttle pedal needs to be stock as in it has the extension/stop on the top of the pedal.
Unwrap the kit
Remove the securing pin from the upper swivel/ball joint and pull ball out of socket .
Mount the ball to the pedal 8mm spanners required .
Mount the main part of the kit underneath the floor making sure the pushrod and rubber go up through the floor hole first.
10mm spanners needed to mount the main body tighten up but not so tight you crush the metalwork .
Back inside cab area snap the balljoint back together and re-fit the securing clip/spring.
If using the return spring , you need to drill a small hole about 2mm in diameter can be bigger if you dont have a 2mm one , as to where you should see the obvious place for it to go , its below the accelerator cable tube .
THEN TEST THE PEDAL ACTION TO ENSURE PEDAL RETURNS AND DEPRESSES FULLY OK (Test this before hooking cable up)
Then you should be able to setup your throttle cable .
What your after is pedal hitting the floor and carb to be fully open .
NOT PEDAL NOT REACHING THE FLOOR WITH CARB FULLY OPEN
BEST WAY TO SET IT UP IS TO PUSH PEDAL TO THE FLOOR THEN OPEN CARB/CARBS UP FULLY AND THEN LOCK CABLE IN PLACE ..
Hope this info helps .

The only part you need to remove from the bagged kit is the top joint .
When i fit another kit i will do a blow by blow photo explanation as this means nothing unless your under bus fitting kit ....
If anyone finds better ways to fit the kit please just post up here to help others . Cheers Simon .

sharky71 said:
BEING DUMB NOW BUT WHAT AND WHERE IS IT FOR?? :oops: DO YOU TAKE WHOLE THROTTLE PEDAL APART??
LAYMANS TERMS PLEASE :roll: :lol: :oops:

SHARKY.
Above may help .... and watch the youtube link to the split bus one , your replacing everything under the throttle pedal floor area .

OK, realise I'm putting myself up to look completely stupid, but I really don't get what this kit does and where it fits. The stock system works fine with std carb although I am aware of a roller kit which has great revues. Presume this is for twin carb setups but am confused that in the video, the linkage is shown to push rather than pull when the throttle is pressed. Please enlighten me and confirm I am a complete knob for not being able to understand what is shown to me in a video right in front of me. :oops:

Latest posts