early bay rear view mirror

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shiplee123

Reaction score
T2eC16FHJGwE9nySdeiBRPhyhBVJQ60_58_zps622fb133.jpeg

What year(s) do u think this early bay mirror is for and what roughly should it cost

There may be but im not sure as its an internet item
If once purchased and receved can I tell by the number
Just wondered if its roughly correct year for my bus and what price these sell for
Ive seen some similar mirrors sell for £ 50 second hand ?

You see im so confused which I need. My reg doc says my van is a 68. Plate says 69
I cant say ive ever seen a 68 mirror ( anyone got a pic )
I purchased mine without a mirror

I am selling this mirror which is correct for the chassis numbers quoted:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=49523" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I think you established a while back that your bus is between these numbers.
The mirror you show at the start of this thread is not an Early Bay mirror!

Dude. Why are you asking the same questions all over again? I thought you had sorted it out here. http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47067&p=392684#p392684" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Look at your chassis number if you're confused. That will confirm which mirror you need.

Yes vwed has just sold me a long stalk mirror for 68/69 bus so im chuffed :)
So the one in the first pic I have now purchased by mistake and is on its way via royal mail and should b with me on monday. Monday night / tue it will b on ebay. What year camper is it for ?

The first thing I noticed is that it has two screw holes in it.
Only the chrome mirror for the first year of Bay production is fixed with screws.
The one I sold you and the later Bay ones are "plug" in ones held in place by the lugs on the back.
The screw holes could be some sort of modification that the previous owner did to it.
Your best bet is to wait till it arrives and look at the part number on the back. If it starts with 211 it is a bus one. Post the number up on here and I'll check it out with my parts books/microfiches. If it starts with 111 or 113 it is a Beetle one and 311 or 361 a Type 3 one.

Latest posts