Earlybay Wheels for 72 Crossover

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_r_p

Reaction score
Hey,

Does anyone know if I can get either a converter or reproduction Earlybay wheels to fit my 1972 crossover.
I've trawlled through various websites and been unable to find them.

It's not that I don't like my current lte bay wheels, I just prefer the Earlybay ones.

Can anyone give any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Tom

Machine7 for adaptors
http://www.machine7.com/section.php?xSec=682" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is it the domed caps your after or is it that you dont like the cooling holes for your brakes, theres a few people fitted the early caps to their late rims and makes a hell of a difference....I too like the look of the early steels but sure as hell wouldnt run adaptors for the look (not a fan of adaptors anyways)

it's the combination of the domed caps and not having to cooling holes.
Think it will have to be settle for domed caps, get the wheels painted white and live with it for the time being.

Unless Santa thinks I've been a really good boy this year. (I have honest)

The holes in your wheels are there to cool the disc brakes, fit early wheels and you loose the cooling which in turn will reduce brake efficiency. That is why VW changed the design of the wheel. The early wheel are fine with the drums originally fitted but you really don't want to go there.

Latest posts