EB enamel badge run

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I just confirm - we're talking about a badge based on this one in the original post?:

RIMG0180.JPG

All that needs to be done is change "911S" for "Bay" and amend the years on the badge?

;)

All that needs to be done is change "911S" for "Bay" and amend the years on the badge?

If it looked like this then Im in

i`ll take one too if it looks like what J and M has just described .....no disrespect to this fantastic forum but i don`t really fancy having a badge with earlybay.com splashed all over it......don`t shoot me just my opinion :lol:

Justin & Muttley said:
Can I just confirm - we're talking about a badge based on this one in the original post?:

RIMG0180.JPG

;)
Yes I'd say so, was just throwing a few ideas out there. How about as per the 911S but with 'Earlybay' in the joined up EB font. Drop the 67 and 73 years off. We would need to change the wording in red as this refers directly to the Porsche 911 owners club called the 'Early Registry'. Also if you directly copy the badge i'm not too sure where we would be in copyright laws. So I'd say it need to be smilair, but different :mrgreen:
Also need to know what they need the artwork format in, can we just send a sketch or do they need a 3d cadd drawing?

I'm in , love this type of badge.
Graham L - 2 (possibly some to hold in stock as well)
Easy - 1
Justin & Muttley -
crede999 - 1
ed. - 1
kombie zombie -1
Toffo24 -1

Has anyone been in touch with the admin team at the Early 911s Registry to see if there's a copyright owner on the original? Someone there might have the original drawings?
;)

Graham L - 2 (possibly some to hold in stock as well)
Easy - 1
Justin & Muttley -
crede999 - 1
ed. - 1
kombie zombie -1
Toffo24 -1
slammedresto - 1

Justin & Muttley said:
Has anyone been in touch with the admin team at the Early 911s Registry to see if there's a copyright owner on the original? Someone there might have the original drawings?
;)

We cannot do a straight copy as that is breach of copyright, we could attempt something similar and ask if they have any objections which they probably will but to honest but at the moment its academic as the take up on this so far (9 in total) means its not going to get off the ground.

Perhaps we should look at getting something printing instead?, I'm currently having some printed stickers done by Prosign and they are not that expensive and you could create a 3D design with shadowing etc that would work. Not trying to do Andy out of work but if we are looking for something with a 3D effect then it needs to be printed. Can put some feelers out if its an option?

Nice badge but do you not think we need to take ideas and create our own than basically copying.....

I like the red trim maybe with early bay

the dates 68 - 72

but the chequers? these buses/vans werent known for their sporting prowess on the circuit

I've been looking at casting something myself but have lacked the ideas, I might just have an idea coming together and have a play this weekend.....

Araon said:
Nice badge but do you not think we need to take ideas and create our own than basically copying.....

I like the red trim maybe with early bay

the dates 68 - 72

but the chequers? these buses/vans werent known for their sporting prowess on the circuit

I've been looking at casting something myself but have lacked the ideas, I might just have an idea coming together and have a play this weekend.....

I hear what you're saying - my thought was that the 911 badge looked pretty cool and I'd like something that also looked cool and had that old school retro feel to it. The last thing we (the forum) need is a nasty legal battle with another club over something like that. I'd welcome any new designs that meet "the brief" and would be really interested to see what you (or anyone else) comes up with! 8)

;)

Graham L said:
Justin & Muttley said:
;)

We cannot do a straight copy as that is breach of copyright, we could attempt something similar and ask if they have any objections which they probably will but to honest but at the moment its academic as the take up on this so far (9 in total) means its not going to get off the ground.

Perhaps we should look at getting something printing instead?, I'm currently having some printed stickers done by Prosign and they are not that expensive and you could create a 3D design with shadowing etc that would work. Not trying to do Andy out of work but if we are looking for something with a 3D effect then it needs to be printed. Can put some feelers out if its an option?
Graham go for It. I don't have much time for signage these days with working away a lot so al ideas welcome. Plus I've just sold my colour printer. So only doing cut vinyl now.

Where are we this project , will keeping the original design maybe changing the outside boarder colour and the wording and model years the outer ring as wells replacing the model number for VW T2 still infringe the original design ?

Just a thought if we put uk on our badge can would the copyright if if exists not apply as the register looks to be mainly US based.

Just think we should try to get this off the ground as it's a great idea and I am sure we could get the numbers needed to make it viable

Not done anymore with this as the response was extremely poor, my last suggestion of getting a sticker done didn't go down very well, remember in order to get an enamel badge we need at least 50 people to commit to spending £50 each.

So the question is Enamel Badge or Sticker?

Latest posts