Eberspacher BN4

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolfgang

Reaction score
Bought recently. Saw it working hooked up to a leisure battery in a T25. I can't get anything when attached to an old Merc auxiliary car battery to test it at home before fitting in the bus. I've got +ve lead and -ve lead on the battery not done anything with earth wire, could that be the problem . It's an old battery but is showing 14 volts after charging. Surely this should be enough to get the fan running. Any ideas on how to bench test it. I've heard that they need good battery to get the glow plug and combustion started but I've got nothing.

14 volts?? Somethings not right there that voltage is too high. Fully charged should be around 12.8 volts

Think I'll try it off the bus battery tomorrow see if I get anything. Am I missing something on wiring? Bloke I bought it off had it wired to positive on a leisure battery and then the other wire was attached to a fuse . I just assumed that this fuse box was between the negative terminal. Will it just run from the positive and negative off the bus battery direct?

[photobucket] /photobucket]Sorted the wiring. Two live feeds, 1 constant and one switched both run to +ve terminal and I've put an in line fuse in both. The brown that I thought was an earth wire is the -ve and I've run that directly to the -ve terminal on the battery. Stupidly forgot that in a van the whole thing is negative charged. Now to test it with fuel in the garden. I've rigged up an old lawnmower tank. will update as I go along as I'm sure I will have questions about the exhaust and intake next.

Bench tested outside and seems to work great. Kicks out some heat. Had to reset it once as it tripped out, due to not enough fuel getting through. Next step is going to be fitting inside the bus. Not going In The engine bay as this seems too much like hard work. In the walk through facing back into the bus? What are thoughts on this.
[photobucket] [/photobucket]

Maybe fitted inside a box and heat directed out could be an option. Do you have all the ductwork that came with it? I may be intrested if you were intrested in selling this as i'm missing a couple of pieces for mine.

Latest posts