Electric retractable aerial options?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben72Bay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does such a thing exist to replace this manual version?
I’m constantly catching it when putting the cover on and taking it off!
IMG_1151.jpeg
(The version that goes up when the stereo is turned on)

Attachments

• IMG_1151.jpeg
    IMG_1151.jpeg
    917.9 KB · Views: 0
I’ve had some of those over the years but I’m pretty sure there ain’t quite enough room to get it mounted nicely and to be able to seal its exit from the body work because of the bodywork angles. I’ve not seen a successful one through the waist bulge. Hopefully someone will pop something up to make me wrong. I’ve got a straight pull up telescopic and have to remember to lower it a bit to get in and out the garage or else I have this horrible clanging noise and jam the brakes on when it hits the over head garage door. My only suggestions are either a rubber duck or a glass mounted internal wire one that sticks around the screen. But I bet that’s painful every time you catch it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,I’m very lucky with a garage :)

I’ve had some of those over the years but I’m pretty sure there ain’t quite enough room to get it mounted nicely and to be able to seal its exit from the body work because of the bodywork angles. I’ve not seen a successful one through the waist bulge. Hopefully someone will pop something up to make me wrong. I’ve got a straight pull up telescopic and have to remember to lower it a bit to get in and out the garage or else I have this horrible clanging noise and jam the brakes on when it hits the over head garage door. My only suggestions are either a rubber duck or a glass mounted internal wire one that sticks around the screen. But I bet that’s painful every time you catch it.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,I’m very lucky with a garage :)
I thought the electric bits could be inside the bus.
Even if it just telescoped back into lower main bit it would be an improvement!

I’m building a double garage at the mo so maybe I won’t need to put the cover on?
The current one is a bit fecked so perhaps I’ll just replace it for now…..?

Yes you’re right but the way they work is to come straight up and they do take a fair bit of space but they’re rubbish unless you’re coming out of a nearly flat surface like a Marina or a HA Viva wing , there’s not much flat stuff on a bay apart from the roof.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,Had one on one of my Jags :)

Latest posts